iProDeveloper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iProDeveloper

Well I am here now! Not sorry to leave the poor forum software behind but hope this experience is a lot better. See lots of the people from iPro are already here so among friends..

Chris..

Comment

Originally posted by chris_hird View Post
      Well I am here now! Not sorry to leave the poor forum software behind but hope this experience is a lot better. See lots of the people from iPro are already here so among friends..

Chris..
      Welcome, Chris! Glad you could join us!

Welcome, also, to ALL of the refugees from that most HORRIBLE forum software. I, for one, will not shed a tear over its demise.
      "Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."--Tweedledee

Comment

will not shed a tear over its demise.
        I agree that the forum software was not good... they definitely ruined a good thing. However, there are a LOT of good threads and articles on that site covering many years, and when they take it offline it will be a loss of a good resource for this community. So for that I do shed a tear. The end of an era... I have the physical magazines going back to 1995 in the bookshelf behind me.

Comment

Sent this to Penton the first of the month. " Cannot access the Iprodeveloper forums. " "Are the Forums gone for good? "

This was there resonse.
          Dear Sir,
          Thank you for contacting us. The developers are working on getting security on the forums fixed so they can get them back up and running correctly. I apologize for any inconvenience.
          Kind Regards,
          Dinah

Comment

Any more recent information on this mess? I use Google often for RPG stuff, and articles/forum posts from iprodeveloper often come up at the top of the list... you can see the content from the google search, but cannot access the URL.

Comment

I sent an email to 'contact@penton.com' two weeks ago today, pointing out that issue, and asking about the status of the forum.

No reply received as of yet.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

The link to the forums takes you to a new place but all of the content and users are gone. You have to reregister to access what appears at this time to be nothing. Great job on giving me a reason to stay at Code400. To bad to see a lot of old content vaporize.

Comment

What bothers me is I used that forum for storing "notes" that were, in essence, made available to the public. I would have problems solving something using RPG or CL so I would use the forum as a place to log my "projects". All that effort is gone. Several iPro's posted their stuff as well. There were TONS of material there. Now, it's all gone. I don't see why they can't make their database available for searching.

Comment

Working...
                  X