iProDeveloper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iProDeveloper

It appears that iProDeveloper (systeminetwork) has totally revamped their site!

The jury is still out, but they should have never have abandoned vBulletin

http://iprodeveloper.com/web-amp-mob...rodevelopercom

[Edit] - They may have gotten rid of the forums all together, as I cannot find them!

Re: iProDeveloper

Yep, it took a while to find it this morning Try here:

The jury is still out, but they should have never have abandoned vBulletin
    That was an understatement.
    Last edited by Terry Wincheste; April 3, 2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Code400, will never leave Vbulletin!
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

From the main iprodeveloper.com page, it looks like there's a "iPro Forums" box under the advertisement on the right-hand side of the page. Not a very intuitive place for it -- but it's there. it links to http://forums.iprodeveloper.com

Comment

It appears that their forum has been down for some days - does anybody knows what is happening?

Comment

They seems they are back today?

jamie
            All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
            and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Jamie,

it seems to me that they have been hacked

Comment

I don't see the iProDeveloper stuff at that link, just the Windows IT Pro stuff?

Comment

Looks like it's back now, but for several days it seemed to be forwarding to another URL... I also assumed they'd been hacked.

Comment

The Windows IT Pro publication is run by the same people at Penton Media that run iPro Developer. It looks to me like they added a redirect for Windows IT Pro, and didn't realize that iPro Developer was using the same server, so they redirected both by mistake.

If you go to windowsitpro.com/forums, it still redirects, but iPro Developer no longer does.

Comment

There is a banner on the right side of the new home page or you can use URL http://forums.iprodeveloper.com/ (http://forums.iprodeveloper.com/).

There is a splash at the top of all of the forums, now that says they are locked but I've posted to them today. Go figure.

Robert

Edit: Actually, the forum banner reads, "The forums are now read-only.", but, they aren't...yet, anyway.

Edit #2: I just realized that I am responding to a thread that is a year old. However, the new forum banner just started appearing yesterday.
                      There is more information is this link: http://forums.iprodeveloper.com/forums/aft/149734
                      Last edited by Robert Clay; April 3, 2014, 12:03 PM.
                      "Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."--Tweedledee

Comment

Very said to see those forums go, the big loss is all the cool code embedded there and on the iProDeveloper site.

Comment

All they have said is "We're taking our site private so we can focus on our training offerings" and "we are no longer acquiring/posting new content".

These are very confusing statements. What exactly is meant by "private"? Only available to subscribers? Only available internally within their organization? Or... what?? And what training offerings? The e-learning stuff? That was a tiny percent of the offerings on iPro Developer... what focus does it need, exactly? Are they planning to do more with it than ever before? (What more can they do?)

More than anything, I'm wondering what will happen to the existing content. I have hundreds of articles there that are still widely used in this community. What will become of them?

I don't even know who to ask, since everyone I knew over there has been laid off. What a mess.

Comment

iProdeveloper never recovered the loss they inflicted themselves by changing the forum software. This was the cause to big frustration for all.

Besides that traffic has generally gone down in most forums. This is not an IBM I thing, this is general at least in the forums I attend. If this is caused by Facebook/LinkedIn, the spread to more specialized forums or other factors like general fatigue I really don?t know, but the fact is that several newspapers and other sites has closed their general user forums because the number of people that wrote in them was narrowed down to very few persons.

I guess that Scott?s articles won?t go away but you have to be a subscriber to read them. What eventually will happen to the old post in the forum, time will tell, but IMO most old treads are already obsolete and I truly hate when people find a link to 10 year old code trying to solve a problem by letting others help them.

On the other hand we have a saying in northern Europe ?one man's death is another man's bread? and I don?t see the big loss in the iProdeveloper?s faulty forum if it result in a consolidation into code400 as the preferred IBM I forum that is the best general forum if we still want to post code snippets in our posts.

All in all - one vital forum better than 10 dead!

Comment

There's a story here...

Penton Media has discontinued its two digital publications for the IBM i community–iProDeveloper and Power IT Pro. iProDeveloper was a website with technical content for developers on the IBM midrange systems known as the IBM i, System i, iSeries, and AS/400. Prior to the digital version of iProDeveloper, there was a printed magazine version previously

Comment

Working...
                              X