How to edit or delete a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to edit or delete a post

Can someone tell me how to edit and/or delete a post I create?

+1

Comment

Looking at the "Experienced Forum Member" group settings:
      Can Post Topics
      Yes
      Can Reply to Topics
      Yes
      Can Edit Own Posts
      Yes
      Can Delete Own Posts
      No
      Can Delete Own Topics
      No

If you look at the bottom of your post there should be a list of options. Edit should be one of them.
      Last edited by kitvb1; July 3, 2017, 12:20 AM.
      Regards

Kit
      http://www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

For authoritative details, you'll want to message jamief. In general, to 'Edit', you should click the 'Edit' link if it appears at the bottom-right of the post. Various capabilities do need to be enabled, and that might be forgotten by the moderator.

I can't say how to delete because I've never tried. Also, I can't (quickly) locate any threads that I created that don't have replies; and I suspect that once replies exist, deletion might not work.
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

What is the criteria for a user to be marked as an "Experienced Forum Member"? Is it just number of posts, or is it done manually when a moderator judges a user has earned it?

Comment

Hi Vectorspace

Just the number of posts.

Regards

Kit
            http://www.ecofitonline.com
            DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

I was hoping it was 100 posts, but I recently passed 100 and still no edit. Maybe it's 150

Comment

Great, I guess I better start posting frivolous questions/responses, otherwise I won't be able to edit my own posts until 2022.

Comment

we are super nervous about allowing folks with hotmail email address to modify things
                  All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
                  and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Jamie,

I appreciate your caution, but for me writing anything besides code takes a lot of time and effort to make sure that what I am trying to convey is accurately represented in what I am typing. Usually, I leave out words and sometimes entire sections of my thoughts because in my mind I see what should be written and not necessarily what was been transcribed. It's isn't until sometimes much later I realize it.

My time is extremely valuable and I only share when I feel I can contribute something of merit.

Ted H. and I have spoken and met personally and I've been a member for over 10 freaking years!

Jim

Comment

Without having the ability to edit your own posts, would be like writing code without the ability to debug it.

It just doesn't work that well.

Comment

Now up to 107 posts. How many more to go?

Comment

+1

Comment

I don't have a hotmail email address and I don't have the capability to edit my own posts (no edit link on the bottom of the posts). Is there some other criteria to meet to edit one's own posts?

Comment

Now if I had the ability to edit my posts, then I would have edited the previous post to add a note to Vectorspace that it looks like the number to meet must be higher than 150 since I am past that and still can't edit.

Comment

Working...
                              X