Debugging Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging Question

Program A makes repetitive calls to Program B. I set an Service Entry Point (SEP) on Program B and also set a breakpoint. I then call Program A and Program B fairly quickly goes into Debug mode. Once Pgm B completes, it returns to Program B which I know runs Pgm B many more times, but Pgm B does NOT go into Debug mode for any of the successive calls. My understanding is that the SEP should invoke the Debug session every time Pgm B is called. Can anyone offer any insight on this issue?

Sorry - please disregard my previous post...the correction is in Bold print...
    Program A makes repetitive calls to Program B. I set a Service Entry Point (SEP) on Program B and also set a breakpoint. I then call Program A and Program B fairly quickly goes into Debug mode. Once Pgm B completes, it returns to Program A which I know runs Pgm B many more times, but Pgm B does NOT go into Debug mode for any of the successive calls. My understanding is that the SEP should invoke the Debug session every time Pgm B is called. Can anyone offer any insight on this issue?

Comment

SEP only stops the program once so that you can set breakpoints. Thereafter it won't stop the program again unless you run the program in a different job (where SEP hasn't stopped it once, yet.)

The normal breakpoint you've set should fire each time, though.

Comment

Working...
      X