Macros n Rdi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macros n Rdi?

Is there anything that resembles a macro in Rdi? I am working on a project that requires modifying a lot of programs. As a comment, I key my initials followed by the project id. In SEU (which I prefer not to use) I have created a macro that is assigned to a keyboard combination. All I have to do is press ALT+P and voila, my initials and project id are typed as a comment.

I wonder if there is a way of doing something like this in Rdi. Copy and paste from another another source member or Notepad is the only way I can think if.

Go to eclipse.org and search for a macro recording add-in, such as Practical Macro. There are a number you can choose from.

Comment

I've not used it, but in the Edit menu there is a keystroke recorder.
      Another option could be to use templates. Create a template then use content assistant to insert your template.

Comment

RDi has an option to automatically add text into positions 1-5 of any RPG and DDS source line that you modify. You can use this to add your initials to the beginning of every source line that you edit (this includes new lines as well as amended lines)
        It's in Window -> Preferences -> Remote Systems -> Remote Systems LPEX Parser -> IBM i Parsers

Comment

Maybe you can use the Snippet function in RDi...?

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
            Maybe you can use the Snippet function in RDi...?
            anybody know where I can get some instructions on how to create/use snippets. I didn't find the HELP Rdi provides to particularly helpful for that.

Comment

Working...
            X