Remote System Temp Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote System Temp Files

Yesterday, I was editing a source member using Rdi LPEX. I decided to save it under a different name so I would still have the original version. So, I selected SAVE As off of the FILE menu. After I exited LPEX, I noticed that the new member did not appear in the Remote System Explorer along with the other source members in my source file. It did, however appear at the bottom of the FILE menu (between PROPERTIES and EXIT) as a recent member, so I clicked the new member and it was loaded into LPEX. I noticed that there was no COMPILE menu showing at the top of the LPEX. This apparently was caused by the fact that when I created it (by saving the parent version under a new name), I saved it to a place called remote system temp files. I wanted to get it into my MYLIB/QRPGLESRC file so I could compile it but I couldn't figure out how to copy it from remote system temp files to MYLIB/QRPGLESRC. I ended up creating a new member in MYLIB/QRPGLESRC and then accessing the remote system temp files version using the LPEX and copying and pasting the code from remote system temp files version into MYLIB/QRPGLESRC/NEWMBR.

So, my question is
    1. What is remote system tempfiles and what causes source code to end up there and what is it used for.
    2. How to copy RPG code from remote system tempfiles to a source file.

I can't replicate this. I opened a source member, used the Save As menu option and it saved it into the highlighted source member (which was the one I opened it from). The member list refreshed and the new member showed in there.

Comment

Originally posted by john.sev99 View Post
      I can't replicate this. I opened a source member, used the Save As menu option and it saved it into the highlighted source member (which was the one I opened it from). The member list refreshed and the new member showed in there.
      I can't replicate it either. It only seems to happen once in a while (saves the code to remote system temp files instead of MYLIB/QRPGLESRC). I'd be satisfied just being able to copy it from remote_system_tempfiles/...........NEWMBR to MYLIB/QRPGLESRC/NEWMBR. As it is now I have to go into the remote system temp files version, select all the code, create a new member in QRPGLESRC and then copy and paste the code.

Maybe there was a connectivity issue between Rdi and the iSeries at the time I tried to save it.

Comment

I found this folder on my hard drive that contains most of my source members.

C:\Users\gregwga50\Documents\RDI\workspace2\Remote SystemsTempFiles\PGMRDEV\QSYS.LIB\GREGWGA50.LIB\QR PGLESRC.FILE

So, my guess is Rdi makes a copy here before it saves it to QSYS.LIB\GREGWGA50.LIB\QRPGLESRC.FILE and wasn't able to save it there that particular time

Comment

Working...
        X