ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RDi 9.5 - What Subroutine / Procedure Am I In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDi 9.5 - What Subroutine / Procedure Am I In?

Say you have a HUGE legacy program with many subroutines and "internal" procedures (procedures that are defined within your program). You use Outline View to determine everywhere a field or variable is getting updated. You stop at line 1234.56. Is there a quick way to tell (without scrolling up 100's of lines of code) what subroutine or procedure I am in?

Put your cursor on a blank line and press CTRL-SHIFT-O. The procedure name will appear at the bottom left, right below the source code.

Comment

jtaylor,

thanks for your response and sorry for such a long delay in my response. it seems this only works inside a procedure and not a subroutine (RDi v9.5). I almost feel like this feature I'm looking for should be added to the "hover text" (sort of a "where am i" feature). I have to wonder, where I would go to submit a suggestion to add this as a feature?

Comment

Submit an RFE (Request for enhancement) here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

If you have trouble finding RDi, here are the categories I use:
        • Brand: Servers and Systems Software
        • Product family: Programming Languages
        • Product: Developer for Power Systems
        • Component: RPG/COBOL Development Tools
        • Operating system: IBM i

Originally posted by TheZenbudda View Post
        jtaylor,

thanks for your response and sorry for such a long delay in my response. it seems this only works inside a procedure and not a subroutine (RDi v9.5). I almost feel like this feature I'm looking for should be added to the "hover text" (sort of a "where am i" feature). I have to wonder, where I would go to submit a suggestion to add this as a feature?

Comment

I believe this RFE is asking for what you are looking for:
          http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=104775

Comment

Working...
          X