Adding an icon to the toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an icon to the toolbar

All of a sudden the outline icon has disappeared from my toolbar. I am not sure why. I can't seem to get it back on there. Now, every time I want to use the outline, it involves 3 or 4 steps: click window | show view | other | outline. Sort of tedious if you use outline a lot.

This thing seems to have a mind of it's own. There are icons for functions that I never use that suddenly appear on the tool bar, while others disappear for now reason.

This is likely happening because you are inadvertently changing Perspectives (ie. Data, Database Development, Debug, etc).

Each Perspective allows you to setup a differently layout for the windows and buttons.

Walt

Comment

Originally posted by wegrace View Post
      This is likely happening because you are inadvertently changing Perspectives (ie. Data, Database Development, Debug, etc).

Each Perspective allows you to setup a differently layout for the windows and buttons.

Walt
      I'm not changing perspectives. It is disappearing from a perspective I use almost exclusively. So, how do I get it back on the toolbar so I don't have to click window | show view | other | outline every time I want to use the outline

Comment

Save the Perspective after you add the button back; use the name that is provided and click yes when it asks to overwrite.

Walt

Comment

Working...
        X