Can we get the ¬ character in RDi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get the ¬ character in RDi?

Is it possible to map the logical not (¬) character to a key in RDi?

For the British keyboard layout, that symbol is shift + the key to the left of 1. But I don't think it's the same for the American keyboard layout.

However in Windows (I assume you're using Windows), there is a way to get any special character by typing it's Alt-Code: https://www.alt-codes.net/
    An Alt Code is Alt+nnnn, where nnnn is the 4-digit decimal value of the character, typed on the numpad

You can find the alt code for any special character using the windows program Character Map (charmap.exe).

For the ¬ character, the code is Alt+0172

Note - this applies to almost any text input in Windows programs.

Note - In RDi, I know this works with the LPEX editor, but I have not tried with a 5250 terminal session.

Comment

Thanks. I was trying to avoid having to remember the unicode code for it. I've always abbreviated those logicals etc (|> instead of *BCAT, & instead of *AND etc etc) and wondered if there may have been a way to map the ¬ character to a key in RDi similar to how you can in ACS. I guess in NZ we use a keyboard layout similar to the American layout as the key to the left of the 1 is a ~ character.

Comment

I found out how to do this if anyone was interested.
        In the preferences -> LPEX Editor -> User Key Actions, you can assign an "insertNot" action to a key.
        Took me a little bit to realise that not all keys can have an action mapped to them ("[" for instance) but have got a short cut now.

Comment

Working...
        X