Website timeout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website timeout?

More than once, I've lost a carefully-crafted post due to my website session timing out while I was writing. 15 minutes seems very (and needlessly?) brief to timeout.

Can this be increased or customized ... or user input saved before terminating ... or at least cause a warning popup? :-)

Nonetheless, thanks for the great website, and TIA.
    Jerry

Re: Website timeout?

I don't recall losing a post at this site. Actually, it's been so long since I've seen a timeout, I'm going to let this post sit until a timeout shows up. ISTR, there's a way around the problem of "losing" what's been typed.

So, now to wait for 16 minutes...

...and we start again. And what happens?

Added edit after posting: Nothing happened. It posted without a problem even though it sat for a good half hour.
    Last edited by tomliotta; April 16, 2015, 05:41 AM. Reason: Note after posting successfully.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Thanks, Tom. So maybe it's me. ;-)

(Possibly a bit of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing", setting browser options, HOSTS file, whatever, and interfering withe the site operation.) Thanks again for testing!

Jerry

Comment

Not necessarily a fair test, of course. Plug-ins can interfere with javascript for example. If my browser, or browser settings/plug-ins/add-ons/etc., are different, then results are...?
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
        X