Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Column Encryption DB2

Hey guys,

I'm working on a report that has to be sent to another company. They asked us to encrypt the Member# column in the report for confidentiality purposes. Has anyone here ever dealt with single column level encryption? Google has lots, but they seem more complicated for what I need to do.

Any suggestions?

Re: Column Encryption DB2

does the other company have an IBM i?
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick @#%@#%@#%.....and I'm all outta bubble gum !
    Yes I'm talking to you squirrel nuts.

Comment

No. I will be using SQL to produce the report and more than likely Excel will be used to send the file. We also have a download site that external clients can use to download large files. in that case our database person will simple upload the table I produce to that site for them to download.

Comment

Brigitta will know if this works on non-IBM boxes

I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick @#%@#%@#%.....and I'm all outta bubble gum !

Comment

I was able to get something to work. I did a little lite reading from the link you suggested and with some more searching I came up with the following:

Code:
          create table testlibrary/test1 as(
          select field1, field2, ENCRYPT(field3,'Password')
          from library/file) with data;
          This will produce a file that has field3 encrypted, the first parameter lists the field and the second parameter lists the password.

To view the original data I did this

Code:
          select field1, field2, DECRYPT_CHAR(field3, 'Password') 
          from library/test1;

It works, so I'm hoping it'll be good to use.

Comment

Sure that works for you, but can the client decrypt the data?
            Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

SQL has different functions to encrypt columns. These functions use standard rules and should be decryptable.

ENCRYPT_RC2 = RC2 encryption algorithm (Release V5R3)
              ENCRYPT_TDES = Triple DES encryption algorithm (Release V5R4)
              ENCRYPT_AES = AES encryption algorithm (Release 6.1)

Birgitta

Comment

The client doesn't want to decrypt the data. If issues arise they wil come back to us and I can decrypt the necessary information.

Thanks for the encryption specifics Brigatta!

Comment

I know the barn door is open and most of the cows are now hanging on hooks but:

Here is a procedure that encrypts a sting
                  procedure
                  PHP Code:
                          H NOMAIN EXPROPTS(*RESDECPOS)                                                                  

H BNDDIR('QC2LE')                                                                              

Beginning of procedure                                                                      

/COPY savsrc,ENCRYPT_CP                                                                       

P encrypt         B                   EXPORT                                                   

*------------------------------------------------                                             
                  E N T R Y   P A R M S                      **                                             

d encrypt         pi           512A                                                            
                       d  inmode                        1a   VALUE                                                    
                       d  invalue                     512a   VALUE                                                    

d inkey           s             30a   Inz
                  (*all'MyPickle12345')                                 

d outvalue        s            512a                                                            
                       d workmode        s              1a                                                            
                       d workinvalue     s            512a                                                            
                       d workinkey       s             30a                                                            
                       d workoutvalue    s            512a                                                            

E N C R Y P T   D A T A                    **                                             

D Qc3EncryptData  PR                  ExtProc('Qc3EncryptData')                                

D  szClearData               65535A   OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                        

D  nLenClearData                10I 0 Const                                                    

D  clearDataFmt                  8A   Const                                                    

D  AlgoDescript                 64A   Const OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                  

D  szAlgoFormat                  8A   Const                                                    

D  KeyDescriptor               512A   Const OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                  

D  szKeyFormat                   8A   Const                                                    

0=Best choice1=Software2=Hardware                                                      
                       D  CryptoService                 1A   
                  Const                                                    
                  Hardware Cryptography device name or *BLANKS                                              
                       D  CryptoDevName                10A   
                  Const                                                    

D  szEncryptedData...                                                                          

D                            65535A   OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                        

D  nEncryptedDataVarLen...                                                                     

D                               10I 0 Const                                                    

D  nEncryptedDataRtnLen...                                                                     

D                               10I 0                                                          
                       D  api_ErrorDS                        LikeDS
                  (API_ErrorDS_T)                                    

D                                     OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                        

D E C R Y P T   D A T A                    **                                             

D Qc3DecryptData  PR                  ExtProc('Qc3DecryptData')                                

D  szEncData                 65535A   OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                        

D  nLenEncData                  10I 0 Const                                                    

D  AlgoDescript                 64A   Const OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                  

D  KeyDescriptor               512A   Const OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                  

D  szKeyFormat                   8A   Const                                                    

Const                                                    
                  Const                                                    

D  nClearVarLen                 10I 0 Const                                                    

D  nRtnClearLen                 10I 0                                                          
                  (API_ErrorDS_T)                                    

Message Digest/Hash                                                                       

D Qc3CalcHash     PR                  ExtProc('Qc3CalculateHash')                              

D  nLenClearData                10I 0 Const                                                    

D  clearDataFmt                  8A   Const                                                    

D  AlgoDescr                    64A   Const OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                  

Const                                                    
                  Const                                                    

D  rtnHash                      64A   OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                        

D  api_ErrorDS                        LikeDS(API_ErrorDS_T)                                    

Cryptography API Algorithm ALGD0300 Structure                                             

D ALGD0300_T      DS                  Qualified                                                
                       D                                     BASED
                  (DS_TEMPL)                                          
                  Stream algorithm30 RC4                                                                
                       D  Algorithm                    10I 0                                                          

D Qc3CreateAlgorithmContext
                  ...                                                                 

D                 PR                  ExtProc('Qc3CreateAlgorithmContext')                     

D  AlgoDescription...                                                                          

D                               64A   Const OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)                                  

D  contextToken                  8A                                                            
                  (API_ErrorDS_T)                                    

Encryption Data Structures                                                                
                       D KEYD0100_T      DS                  Qualified                                                
                  (DS_TEMPL)                                          

D  keyContext                    8A                                                            

D KEYD0200_T      DS                  Qualified                                                
                  (DS_TEMPL)                                          

D  type                         10I 0                                                          
                       D  length                       10I 0                                                          
                       D  format                        1A                                                            
                       D  value                       256A                                                            

/IF DEFINED(*V5R1M0)                                                                          

D API_ErrorDS_T   DS                  Qualified                                                
                       D  dsLen                        10I 0 Inz                                                      
                       D  rtnLen                       10I 0 Inz                                                      
                       D  cpfMsgID                      7A                                                            
                       D  apiResv1                      1A   Inz
                  (X'00')                                               

D  apiExcDta1                   64A                                                            

/ENDIF                                                                                        

**  New 
                  IBM API Error DS                                                                      
                       D XT_api_ErrorEx  DS                  Inz                                                      
                       D  XT_apiKey                    10I 0                                                          
                       D  XT_apiDSLen                  10I 0                                                          
                       D  XT_apiRtnLenEx
                  ...                                                                           

D                               10I 0                                                          
                       D  XT_apiMsgIDEx                 7A                                                            
                       D  XT_apiResvdEx                 1A                                                            
                       D  XT_apiCCSID                  10I 0                                                          
                       D  XT_apiOffExc                 10I 0                                                          
                       D  XT_apiExcLen                 10I 0                                                          
                       D  XT_apiExcData                64A                                                            

D Qc3DestroyAlgorithmContext
                  ...                                                                

D                 PR                  ExtProc('Qc3DestroyAlgorithmContext')                    

D  ContextToken                  8A   Const                                                    

D  api_ErrorDS                        LikeDS(API_ErrorDS_T)                                    

API Error Data structure                                                                    
                       D QUSEC_EX        DS                  Qualified                                                
                       D                                     Based
                  (TEMPLATE_T)                                        

D  charKey                      10I 0                                                          
                       D  nErrorDSLen                  10I 0                                                          
                       D  nRtnLen                      10I 0                                                          
                       D  msgid                         7A                                                            
                       D  Reserved                      1A                                                            
                       D  CCSID                        10I 0                                                          
                       D  OffsetExcp                   10I 0                                                          
                       D  excpLen                      10I 0                                                          
                       D  excpData                    128A                                                            

D ALGO_DES        C                   
                  Const(20)                                                

D ALGO_TDES       C                   Const(21)                                                

D ALGO_AES        C                   Const(22)                                                

D ALGO_RC4        C                   Const(30)                                                

D ALGO_RSA_PUB    C                   Const(50)                                                

D ALGO_RSA_PRIV   C                   Const(51)                                                

D ANY_CRYPTO_SRV  C                   Const('0')                                               

D SWF_CRYPTO_SRV  C                   Const('1')                                               

D HWD_CRYPTO_SRV  C                   Const('2')                                               

D CRYPTO_SRV      S             10A   Inz(*BLANKS)                                             

Cipher API data structures.                                                               

D myAlgo          DS                  LikeDS(ALGD0300_T)                                       

D myKey           DS                  LikeDS(KEYD0200_T)                                       

D apiError        DS                  LikeDS(qusec_ex)                                         

The clear text (data to be encrypted)                                                     

The length of the data returned by the APIs                                               
                       D nRtnLen         S             10I 0                                                          

**  The encrypted data variable                                                               
                       D encData         S            500A                                                            

/free                                                                                         

workinvalue  
                  invalue;                                                                     

workinkey    inkey;                                                                       

workoutvalue outvalue;                                                                    

myAlgo.Algorithm ALGO_RC4;                                                                

myKey.type   ALGO_RC4;                                                                    

myKey.length = %Len(%TrimR(workinkey));                                                     

myKey.Format '0';                                                                         

myKey.value  = %TrimR(workinkey);                                                           

apiError = *ALLX'00';                                                                       

apiError.nErrorDSLen=%size(apiError);                                                       

select;                                                                                     

when  inmode 'E';                                                                         

Qc3EncryptData(workinvalue:%len(%TrimR(workinvalue)):'DATA0100':                            

myAlgo  'ALGD0300' :                                                    

myKey   'KEYD0200' :                                                    

ANY_CRYPTO_SRV       CRYPTO_SRV :                                       

encData :  %size(encData) : nRtnLen  :                                    

apiError );                                                               

outvalue encData;                                                                         

apiError = *ALLX'00';                                                                       

apiError.nErrorDSLen=%size(apiError);                                                       

when  inmode 'D';                                                                         

Qc3DecryptData(workinvalue :  %len(%TrimR(workinvalue)) :                                   

myAlgo   'ALGD0300' :                                                   

myKey    'KEYD0200' :                                                   

ANY_CRYPTO_SRV        :     CRYPTO_SRV :                                  

outvalue :  %size(outvalue) : nRtnLen :                                   

apiError );                                                               

endsl;                                                                                      

return  
                  outvalue;                                                                            
                        /
                  end-free                                                                                     

P Encrypt         E 
                  copy book
                  PHP Code:
                   ENCRYPT_CP encrypt a string               

d encrypt         pr           512A            
                  d  inmode                        1a   VALUE    
                  d  invalue                     512a   VALUE 

Test program
                  PHP Code:
                  d mydata          s             52                                          
                  d mydataback      s             52                                          

/copy savsrc,encrypt_CP                                                    

* ================================================                         
                  M A I N   L I N E                                                        

* ================================================                         
                   *                                                                          
                   /
                  free                                                                      

mydata 
                  encrypt('E' 'Cheese is good');                             

dsply mydata ' ';                                                     

mydataback encrypt('D' mydata );                                  

dsply mydataback ' ';                                                 

mydata encrypt('E' 'Pizza is Better!');                           

dsply mydata ' ';       

dsply mydata ' ';                                          

mydataback encrypt('D' mydata );                       

dsply mydataback ' ';                                      

mydata encrypt('E' 'pizza Is better!!!');              

dsply mydata ' ';                                          

inlr = *on;                                               

/
                  end-free 
                  then
                  PHP Code:
                  crtpgm MYlib/encrypttst module(encrypttst encrypt

Comment

Originally posted by B.Hauser View Post

SQL has different functions to encrypt columns. These functions use standard rules and should be decryptable.

ENCRYPT_RC2 = RC2 encryption algorithm (Release V5R3)
                    ENCRYPT_TDES = Triple DES encryption algorithm (Release V5R4)
                    ENCRYPT_AES = AES encryption algorithm (Release 6.1)

Birgitta
                    Birgitta - would you have any examples of the ENCRYPT_AES process? Trying to encrypt a string with the following:

- Rijndael cipher
                    - Electronic Code Book mode (ECB)
                    - No built in padding (such as PKCS)
                    - Resultant encrypted buffer should be manually padded with spaces to achieve the total length a multiple of 32. That is: length(encrypted padded string) mod 32 = 0

Thank you.
                    Your friends list is empty!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaston View Post

Birgitta - would you have any examples of the ENCRYPT_AES process? Trying to encrypt a string with the following:

- Rijndael cipher
                      - Electronic Code Book mode (ECB)
                      - No built in padding (such as PKCS)
                      - Resultant encrypted buffer should be manually padded with spaces to achieve the total length a multiple of 32. That is: length(encrypted padded string) mod 32 = 0

Thank you.
                      Here's what I have:

Code:
                      exec sql
                        insert into mytable( myencfield )
                        values( encrypt_aes(:myField,:myEncryptionKey) )
                      The column you are inserting into needs to be defined as (your field length can be different):

Code:
                      myencfield   varchar(124)      for bit data

Comment

Thank you.
                        Your friends list is empty!

Comment

Working...
                        X