ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Design View" for RPG Output 'O' specs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Design View" for RPG Output 'O' specs ?

I see RDi has a "Design view" for external print files. Is there some way to view a mock up of 'O' specs in an RPG program ?
    I am new to "modern" RPG and RDi etc. Playing "catch up" from green screen days.

P.S. I do not seem to have the ability to reply to posts on this forum (or edit my posts), so thanks in advance for any help.

I can't say that I've ever seen a tool, nor a reference to a tool, that dealt with the O-specs outside of the old graphic paper that was designed to layout reports... I'm not sure you can even buy those anymore...

Comment

RDi's design view only works for externally described printer files which is really how all printing should be done these days.

There is one tool I am aware of that will do what you want - but it will take you back to the green screen! It is Gumbo Software's Report Designer. Great software and well priced. It is what IBM's RLU should have been. details here:https://www.gumbo.com/Licpgm/ReportDesigner.html

Comment

I remember I used to have a tool that maybe came from a magazine that would convert O-Specs to a printer file. You could probably find something like that and run it and then use RDi to maintain it.

Comment

Working...
        X