Read Event Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read Event Trigger

I am concerned about using a read event trigger. I wonder if anyone has experience using them. I am not worried about the logic of the trigger program but rather the impact of all those triggers.

Here's my scenario. We have legacy applications that access some sensitive personal information. We need to know anytime someone accesses the highly sensitive information. (HIPAA) Our thought is to have a read trigger that captures any access to these records and log them.

Open to other suggestions.

Yes, firing the trigger every time it is read will impact performance. But, any other solution that logs every single read will have the same impact, so if the log is important, this is as good as any of the other alternatives.

Comment

We have a package called CONTROLER from Cilasoft (now Syncsort) that would cater nicely to what you're wanting.

Comment

We have Cilasoft but that monitors end-points not read access of a record unless there is something I'm missing.

Comment

I had the incorrect module - DVM is the Cilasoft module. It's packaged with CONTROLER but licensed separately. You van have it create a journal entry, call a program, put up a pop-up on your desktop or send an email based on a number of different criterias.

Comment

Working...
          X