Debugger problem with /DEFINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugger problem with /DEFINE

I have a program that had a sub procedure hard coded at the end of the source code. Later I made a /copy member and put the sub procedure in the /copy member, removed the hard coded sub procedure from my RPG program and replaced it with a /DEFINE, /COPY..../UNDEFINE of the afore mentioned /copy member. When the sub procedure was hard coded at the end of the RPGLE program, whenever I put the program in debug, the debugger would step through each line of code in the sub procedure. Now that I've removed the hard coded sub procedure and use a /DEFINE, /COPY instead, the debugger does not step through the sub procedure.

Is there a compile option to make it do this or some other compiler directive, etc.?

Try right-clicking on the source -> Show View -> Show *LISTING. See if that helps.

As an aside, I'd recommend making a *MODULE or *SRVPGM to do this rather than bringing in actual code with copybooks.

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post
      Try right-clicking on the source -> Show View -> Show *LISTING. See if that helps.
      *LISTING is "greyed" out, the only options are *SOURCE and *STATEMENT

As an aside, I'd recommend making a *MODULE or *SRVPGM to do this rather than bringing in actual code with copybooks.
      I'm with you on that one but unfortunately, we have a change management tool that doesn't handle *MODULE or *SRVPGM, *BNDDIR's very well when trying re-create objects in our production environment. It's a battle I've been fighting with the vendor of our change management tool for a long time. For the sake of this project (I have to add this sub procedure to 40 or 50 programs) this is the easiest way to do it without losing my sanity. I can't take a chance of have a production move fail trying to move all these programs. Our programming staff does not have access to production so we have to change programs on production and use our change management tool to move them from the DEV to PROD box

Comment

You might need to compile with DBGVIEW(*LIST) to get that option.

Comment

Working...
        X