ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check whether AS400 objects in production are in sycn with those in test environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check whether AS400 objects in production are in sycn with those in test environment

Need to verify AS400 library in production with test environment. In production some of the objects don't have their sources. Requirement is to find objects with difference in production when compared with those in test environment.

You could do a DSPOBJD to an *OUTFILE on both boxes, create an LF over both files by object name and compare them with an HLL program...

Comment

You could use DSPOBJD to a file in both systems - move the files into one system and use SQL to compare dates.

Comment

Unless in development/modification, test, or QA, there should only be one source. Only when it is being worked on within a project should there be another source member for that object.
        Regards

Kit
        http://www.ecofitonline.com
        DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

(I'm a little late to the party)

At a previous job I had to perform a similar task, but we also needed to identify potential level checks as well. I wrote a utility that performs DSPPGMREF to an outfile. We ran this utility on prod and dev, copied the prod outfile down to dev, then compared the results. Anything that was different was discussed in our project meeting to see if someone was making a database change or adding/removing files from the programs. Saved us a lot of headache when we switched changed management systems during the middle of a big project.

BUT, to know which objects we wanted to inspect, we used DSPOBJD for all of the program object types in a given library, then used the resulting list to generate the DSPPGMREF outfile. DSPOBJD obviously gives you some additional information you would need to determine synchronicity.

Comment

Working...
          X