%editc whit %subdt dosen't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %editc whit %subdt dosen't work

I need to extract the day of a timestamp and convert into alfa, i can't use the %char because of zero suppress.

eval alfa = %editc(%subdt(timestamp:*d):'X' )
    it retuns '00'
    using %char insted of %editc code, retuns ' 5'

what's wrong?

Hi Thunder,

You see 00 because the result of %Editc is '0000005', so you see only the first two byte...

probably there are better solutions, but you can try this:

Code:
    **free                                                                      
    Dcl-s Day Char(2);                                                          

Evalr Day =  '0' + %Char(%Subdt(%Timestamp() :*D));                      
      Dsply Day;                                                                
      Evalr Day =  '0' + %Char(%Subdt(z'2019-01-31-15.30.10.000000' :*D));      
      Dsply Day;                                                                
      *Inlr = *On;

Comment

I think this is better
      Eval Day = %subst( %editc (%dec (%time(wzdthr) ) : 'X' ) :5:2)

At lease it works :P!

Comment

Or you could go with the original expression, just change the Eval to an EvalR:

EvalR alfa = %editc(%subdt(timestamp:*d):'X' )

Comment

• Thunder
          Thunder commented
          Editing a comment
          That return '00'

• Brian Rusch
          Brian Rusch commented
          Editing a comment
          I just tested it and it returns '05'. Are you sure you changed the Eval opcode to an EvalR (eval right)?

• Thunder
          Thunder commented
          Editing a comment
          You right, it works!

EvalR Day2a = %Char(%Date(%Timestamp()):*ISO);

Ringer

Comment

To get %SUBDT to only return 2 digits for *D, try adding :2 to %SUBDT:

Code:
          eval alfa = %editc(%subdt(timestamp : *d [COLOR=#FF0000][B]: 2[/B][/COLOR]) : 'X' )
          The ability to control the length of the %SUBDT result was added in 7.2.
          %SUBDT (Extract a Portion of a Date, Time, or Timestamp), %SUBDT (Subset of Date or Time), built-in functions, date and time, time and date built-in functions, date-time built-in functions

Also note the fourth parameter for %SUBDT, allowing decimal places for *SECONDS. See the last part of the example.

Comment

Thanks you all !

Comment

Working...
            X