TrustedLink physical files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrustedLink physical files...

This is probably in the wrong section of the forum, but...

We've had TLi since the turn of the century... use it to death on a daily basis. I need to extract the EDI data to a text file for a specific document (I DO want the entire EDI document that includes the ISA and GS segments).

I have a call into their support, but they are very reluctant provide information about physical files.

I've found a couple files that have exactly what I want, but they do not contain transaction center documents that have been processed and "moved" to user files... a file called EDINBX seems to contain inbound EDI data. Another file called EDOTBX contains outbound data - this would be perfect, except that it seems to only contain untranslated documents (i.e. 997s).

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

BTW - the driving force is Amazon (the real "Evil Empire")... they have started issuing chargebacks for late/missing ASN's - ours are neither! But to dispute them, Amazon requires you provide the information above. They will not accept a communications session that actually shows the envelope information (ID's and control numbers). I think the know how difficult this is to get, and they're hoping most will just pay the chargebacks.

Re: TrustedLink physical files...

Hmmm... when I used TrustedLink (this was years ago) they didn't store the documents in physical files -- they stored them in user spaces. I don't remember all the details -- but maybe this will point you in the right direction? Take a look at the user space objects in the data library... I want to say they were named after the communications session number, or some other session number? But, hopefully you can figure that out.

Comment

Re: TrustedLink physical files...

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
      Hmmm... when I used TrustedLink (this was years ago) they didn't store the documents in physical files -- they stored them in user spaces. I don't remember all the details -- but maybe this will point you in the right direction? Take a look at the user space objects in the data library... I want to say they were named after the communications session number, or some other session number? But, hopefully you can figure that out.
      Ahhh... I vaguely recall their heavy use of user spaces. I guess that's why support is looking for an API to access the information I'm looking for. Meanwhile, we have discovered a way to get the data from the web portal of our VAN (which also happens to be Harbinger/Inovis/GXS/OpenText - or whatever they call themselves this week).

Here's the real kicker. The ONLY reason that Amazon (i.e. the offshore company that handles Amazon EDI) can't deal with the communications session data is the lack of carriage returns after the segment terminator. Their system "can't handle that format".

Comment

Originally posted by gwilburn View Post
        This is probably in the wrong section of the forum, but...

We've had TLi since the turn of the century... use it to death on a daily basis. I need to extract the EDI data to a text file for a specific document (I DO want the entire EDI document that includes the ISA and GS segments).

I have a call into their support, but they are very reluctant provide information about physical files.

I've found a couple files that have exactly what I want, but they do not contain transaction center documents that have been processed and "moved" to user files... a file called EDINBX seems to contain inbound EDI data. Another file called EDOTBX contains outbound data - this would be perfect, except that it seems to only contain untranslated documents (i.e. 997s).

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

BTW - the driving force is Amazon (the real "Evil Empire")... they have started issuing chargebacks for late/missing ASN's - ours are neither! But to dispute them, Amazon requires you provide the information above. They will not accept a communications session that actually shows the envelope information (ID's and control numbers). I think the know how difficult this is to get, and they're hoping most will just pay the chargebacks.
        This might be years too late, but might be useful for someone today and in the future. Software support is always reluctant to to share the structures of their system files. Anyway, there are API's available to do these things:
        1. If you need a print out of the EDI file from the ST thru SE only, you would need the API-ED250P2 (we are not allowed to share the manuals here - please check the software's API Guide). It can go to the *PRINT *EMAIL or *BOTH. For the text file solution, CPYSPLF to file and download to PC.
        2. If you want something that is more readable/understandable by a lay person, the API-PRTDSCEDI will produce a print out called Descriptive EDI (EDI data with labels). It can also go to *PRINT *EMAIL or *BOTH. Same thing for the text file solution. However, it will include everything (not only ST thru SE).
        3. To send the entire EDI file to text: the API-SSNCPYPRT will bring the communication session to a physical file, then CPYTOSTMF will bring the physical file to the IFS. The only thing problem with this, it might not be readable because it will be in a stream file.

Comment

Working...
        X