Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP - Day 01

Hi
    Community Edition for IBM i is enough for me at this level.
    Zend says "To use Zend Server CE for IBM i, simply install the full Zend Server for IBM i package without a license for the full product"

I installed, but system shows
    Code:
    Order Number: zend-trial
    Edition: Enterprise Trial
    Expires: 04/Jun/2013
    is this server going to expire ?
    where I can find free edition ?

Thanks
    Dhanuxp

Re: PHP - Day 01

When you install Zend Server, it gives you the full enterprise edition on a trial basis. When that trial expires, it will disable all of the features, EXCEPT those found in the community edition. So you'll still have the community edition after the trial ends.

Comment

Scott is absolutely correct as we have only one distribution of software for IBM i in a given version of PHP (PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.4, currently). But also please keep in mind that for first timers you also get 1 year of updates and support. This support is in the form of web based case creation via the Zend website. IBM pays for this benefit so please make ample use of it should you have any trouble using Zend Server. One free support contract per company which means that downloading a fresh copy of Zend Server or buying new hardware does not restart the clock on support.

In the spirit of name changes we have changed the name of the different editions of Zend Server. Community edition is now basic edition and has most of the same attributes of community edition. Most notable, the Java Bridge has been moved from the basic edition to Enterprise. Enterprise and Professional have higher support SLA's and you can learn more about them at Zend.com. But Basic Edition is still free on all platforms and will run PHP code without a timer or lockout so happy PHPing!

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Thanks, Today it came down to basic edition and looks like the oracle connectivity is not available for that edition

Comment

Oracle connectivity is available in the basic edition. Open a ticket at Zend.com if you are having trouble. You get 1 year of support and updates for the first year.

Comment

Working...
          X