How To Connect To An Offline Database And An AS400 Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Connect To An Offline Database And An AS400 Database

I have to try and synchronise a table that exists in an AS400 MYSQL database and also in a Localhost MYSQL database.

I wrote a program that is designed to run when a user logs onto the Offline system. It connects to the AS400 database, checks to see if the AS400 table has been recently updated, and if so it replaces the offline table.

The offline system is used by our China office, for engineers that have to travel to factories where they can't get an internet connection, and it's necessary to keep the tables in sync.

My program worked in the office, because internally we have access to the AS400. Unfortunately I made a boo-boo, because when you are outside the office, although you can use the online version of the system, you do not have access to the AS400 directly.

So yesterday I PANICKED, because they upgraded the offline system in China, and now it doesn't function unless I can get this synchronisation working.

This morning I had a brainwave - trigger the synchronisation when a user logs into the online system, but I forgot that the PHP programs are running on the AS400, which doesn't have access to Localhost.

So I am at a loss as to how to do this.
    Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.
    Poddys Rambles On
Working...
X