ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries on Windows 7 Pro 64 bi

Originally posted by jmartin View Post
    jackc:

Sorry, it was the wrong link. It should have been: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...d=nas8N1012345
    but when I tried to update using IBM Installation Manager I got the message No update or fixes were found.

but I appreciate your help.

James
    Did you add the directory where you unzipped the WDSC update to the repository list in Installation Manager?

Comment

Re: Installing WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries on Windows 7 Pro 64 bi

Did you add the directory where you unzipped the WDSC update
      to the repository list in Installation Manager?

Jackc:

Yes, I did and made sure it was the only one in the Repository.

I have went to Nick Litten website and the download for WDSC 7.0.0.8(final version) which does not have the
      (Optional) Install additional software CD
      applications that work with WebSphere Development Studio Client:
      Rational Agent Controller
      CoOperative Development Environment and VisualAge for RPG

So I will use the lpex editor until I find the CoOperative Development Environment and VisualAge for RPG
      cd to download.

It installed on the windows 7 Pro 64 bit also install on a laptop backup unit I used
      that is running Windows 8.1 Pro and is a 64 bit system.

So I am covered for now.

Thanks.

James

Comment

I do have the set James, will get out to you this week
        All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
        and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

I ran across my version 7.0 CDs today while doing a detailed search for something else. The CODE CD looked to be the same as the version 6.0 CD, including being labeled as "version 6.0".
          Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	126707

in the mail this weekend!

www.code400.com

Comment

...and I just ran across my older WDSC 6.0 CDs. I pulled the CODE CDs from 7.0 and 6.0 and ran DIR lists of both out to text for comparison. Not only do both CDs have the same "CD Part No. C71HPML"; the file and directory review shows same file names, same file sizes and same timestamps.

AFAIK, there have been no updates to VA-RPG nor CODE since maybe somewhere late WDSC 5.x, almost guaranteed not between WDSC 6.0 and 7.0. Emphasize AFAIK. I've long believed that was the case. Since I also still find uses for both, I'd be interested if anyone knows better.
              Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Yes, that's true, CODE was the same in 6.0 and 7.0. (And I think it was discontinued after that?)

Comment

...CODE...almost guaranteed not between WDSC 6.0 and 7.0
                  That is my understanding as well. This based on my recollection from back when I started with WDSC 7. I wasn't concerned since I had never used CODE or any previous version of WDSC.

Comment

Jamief:

I have one problem left with the install of CoOperative Development Environment and VisualAge for RPG. It needs power user authority to run CODE Editor
                    I can't remember how this is done. I have checked:
                    after installation

• Although environment variables should be set by the installation program, various things can prevent this from happening. We recommend that you make sure the system environment variables described in the table below are set. You can access the list of environment variables from the Windows System Properties dialog box on the Advanced tab. In the table, C refers to the drive where the product is installed.

System variable name must include this entry
                      CLASSPATH C:\WDSC\JAVA
                      HELP C:\WDSC\help
                      IPF_PATH32 C:\WDSC\system
                      LOCPATH C:\WDSC\system
                      PATH C:\WDSC
                    • You must reboot the workstation after the variables are set.
                    • Log in as a Power User or an Administrator to use the product.

all checks out OK but I think there is something to do with CODE Editor creating a USER that has to have
                    object authority *all but I can't find how to do this or what the USER is that CODE creates.

Can you help?
                    James

Comment

I think that you should look at the local PC device.
                      there is user, power user & admin, blah blah ...

by default new users are not created with admin or power user authority.

Name:	MWSnap019.jpg
Size:	843.2 KB
ID:	126716

www.code400.com

Comment

jamief:

I finally got all of it to work.

I changed a laptop Lenovo Z580 64 bit system from windows 8.1 Pro to Robolinux and created a Virtural Machine running Windows 7 Pro.
                        This is Windows 7 pro running the CODE Editor with two sources opened.

Name:	RoboLinuxVMWindows7Pro.JPG
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	126717

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks.
                        James

Last edited by jmartin; December 21, 2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Nice! Have a Merry Christmas.

www.code400.com

Comment

Working...
                          X