Can JT400 be invoked from RPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can JT400 be invoked from RPG?

Or is JT400 only meant to have classes invoked from outside the iSeries?

If the latter, what are some good environments to use to build JAVA applications reference JT400 to invoke functions on the i?

JT400 is a toolkit for allowing Java to access resources on the IBM i. Your java programs can use the native version of the toolkit if they are running on the IBM i.

What are you trying to do that you'd want to invoke JT400 from RPG?

Comment

I am looking to test some security issues that arose from using a tool I have that runs external. In particular I want to run code using ObjectList class and view the output. If I could just make an example to run through Qshell, just pure java and pipe the output that would suffice.

Comment

I've seen people use JT400 from IBM i. They were using it from a CL program to take advantage of it's ability to transfer a PF to an Excel spreadsheet.

I've never done it myself, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't use it from RPG.

Comment

I suspected as much, I am not really concerned if I invoke it from RPG or CL. However at this point I may just go grab eclipse and see if I can use that and learn enough java script to test a few classes I want to see the results of. Right now I am only going to pursue ObjectList and dump the output in whatever easy means I can. I am trying to dig into some security issues I uncovered using another tool which makes use of that function. Basically it returned results I did not like

Comment

Working...
          X