RPG Java JVM startup issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Java JVM startup issue

When a RPGLE JAVA executes for a programmer, the JVM starts without any errors displaying on the screen.

When a user call the same RPGLE Java program, the JVM starts and sends back an error for the user but only on the 1st call to the RPGLE JAVA program.

The error appears on the 1st call reads, "QlgGetPathFromFileID() error"

Any reason why the message only appears one time for the user and not the programmers?

Not sure why but the user requires "SPECIAL AUTHORITY" = *ALLOBJ on their user profile. When I changed the user profile to *ALLOBJ special authority, the error disappears.

Does anyone know why?

Comment

It would seem to be an authority failure, but on what? Check your audit logs to see what the authority failure is on.

As an aside, you devs really, really shouldn't have *ALLOBJ. Admins might need it, but even then personally I'd set up alternative, as-needed, profileds.

Comment

• jtaylor___
        jtaylor___ commented
        Editing a comment
        Edit: should read "your devs really, really shouldn't have *ALLOBJ".

What audit logs do i check for Java apps. No entries are made in the QHSTLOG or joblog so where do i check?

Comment

Authority failures would be in QAUDJRN. The CPYAUDJRNE command will dump authority failures to a PF, QTEMP.QAUDITAF.
        CPYAUDJRNE JRNRCV(*CURCHAIN) FROMTIME() TOTIME() (just file in your times)

Comment

Working...
        X