Hashed or encrypted password to AS400 jdbc connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hashed or encrypted password to AS400 jdbc connection

We have a Spring application that connects to a DB2 AS400 database. We are currently using configuration files (.properties) to store the connection details, Spring reads thes files in the context creation phase and creates the datasource accordingly.

Code:
    database.driverClassName=com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
    database.url=jdbc:as400:<host>:naming=sql;libraries=*LIBL,...;transaction isolation=none

database.username=<user>
    database.password=<password>

database.initialPoolSize=2
    database.maxPoolSize=5
    I have a requirement to store a hashed password instead of the password directly, that way if someone looks at the file content cannot know what the real password is.

Like this using SHA:

Code:
    database.password=5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8
    In my research I found that AS400 stores passwords using an index QSYUPTBL in the library QSYS, which is able to use DES or SHA hashing algorithms. So it will encrypt the received password and will compare the resulting hash with the one stored in the index. But is it possible to tell the DB's authentication process to expect the password being hashed and compare it directly?

Re: Hashed or encrypted password to AS400 jdbc connection

Originally posted by raspacorp
    that way if someone looks at the file content cannot know what the real password is.
    We don't create the connection pool in application level but creating data-source in server side and get the connection by JNDI name,

Comment

Working...
    X