ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A way to retrieve users who have not logged onto iSeries/AS400 for the past 12months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to retrieve users who have not logged onto iSeries/AS400 for the past 12months

Hi everyone

I am new to the iSeries / AS400. Your assistance will be very much appreciated. I need to retrieve userid's which have not loggd onto the system (darmant) for the past 12months. once retrieved, i will have to delete them, and is it possible NOT to delete one-by-one, is there a way or a script to delete all of them at once? Thanking u in advince

Re: A way to retrieve users who have not logged onto iSeries/AS400 for the past 12mon

DSPUSRPRF for all users and read that file in CL.the field UPPSOD contains the last signon date. just make sure that your CL doesn't delete any system users (i.e. QPGMR, etc.)
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Re: A way to retrieve users who have not logged onto iSeries/AS400 for the past 12mon

also look into
      PHP Code:
      GO SECTOOLS 
      There are many things in there that can aid in this
      -- Like an automagic disable profile if not used in XX days.

Jamie
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

lol, SECTOOLS. Thats the name I give to supporters of the Southeastern Conference.
        Michael Catalani
        IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
        Acceptance Insurance Corporation
        www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
        www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

HI All thanks for the replies, there assisting me to learn more about the iSeries, AND I do find it intreresting. I have a Scenario though, on typing: DSPAUTUSR SEC(*GRPPRF) I realised that there are so many users who have last changed their passwords before/on 2008/12/30, and as back as 1997. Can any1 assist with a simple script, or a way to say: eg. Select * from (myISERIES) where passwordlastchanged < 2008/12/31, once I retrieve all those userID, I can then DELETE * from myISERIES. Thanks , hope this is understandable

Comment

Howzit boet Hoe gaan dit in jou wêreld?

When you eventually run this, make sure your boss is there next to you.
            Could I also come and watch? It should be fun

I'm sure you have profiles that are used to run certain jobs that require login but are never changed. These may include communication-type profiles where you connect to your partner company to download/upload files etc.

Another thing to think about is your audit trails. Invoice/cash book posting/Stock purchase order/etc, etc, was created by user AAAAA - who no longer works for the company. Now your boss wants you to delete this profile - and 6 months later a profile is created by the same name, but for a different person!! Wonderful!!

I need just a few days warning so I can book a flight

better still - just go slap your boss on his bald spot.
            Last edited by kitvb1; April 9, 2010, 02:34 AM.
            Regards

Kit
            http://www.ecofitonline.com
            DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

This was just an example (eg) of what I request for the script to do......... it is noway any working code or whatsoever...... was just trying to explain..

Comment

Well with a little CL program and OVRDBF commands you could get that list of profiles into a physical file, then RCVF on the physical file to get the user profile name and remove the profile.

I know this is a bit obsucre but I am working from memory without mocking it up in CL first :-)

-JA
                Introducing The IBM i and AS/400 Training That 100% Guarantees You Will Learn Key Administration Tasks...

Comment

Before deleting profiles check what objects they own, if deleted the objects may change to owner QDFTOWN (I'm hazy on this) and if so this may remove some authorities on the objects (especially programs with *OWNER authority) and then Kit will be calling for popcorn if he is next to you ...
                  Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Working...
                  X