Inovis TrustedLink EDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inovis TrustedLink EDI

I wasn't sure what forum to put this under, so I am going to try admin.

We are using Inovis TrustedLink on the i-series for our EDI and Inovis for our VAN.

Currently TrustedLink connects to the Inovis VAN using bisync communications. The reliability has deteriorated over the past year for unknown reasons. We probably have the line drop unexpectedly about 1-2 times a day.

I would like to switch to an internet connection with Inovis. I am not sure how much effort on my side is required.

Does anyone use TrustedLink with Inovis via the internet? Was it hard to set up?

Thanks!

Re: Inovis TrustedLink EDI

Hey Cessna,

About 3 to 4 years ago I did this, with the same software. While I don't remember all the steps I had to do, I recall it being not a big deal. Sorry so vague, but I just thought I would let you know someone here has done this.

DeadDuck

Comment

We don't use the same software but going to AS2 connection is pretty easy. Some firewall settings have to be made, keys for both ends of the connection. Thats it in a dumbed down way. If ya want more ask.
      Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

i use trusted link and switched from bisync to IX (IP Exchange)
        it was pretty simple...hardest part was creating the certificate and placing
        it on the IFS....Their tech support is actually pretty good.

I did it and I didnt stay at a holiday inn express the night before!

some requirements

You must install one of the cryptographic access provider products on your system
        before using the Digital Certificate Manager (DCM) functions. Contact your system
        administrator.

have to change the calling program also in your edi apps.

WHAT IS THE BATCH PROGRAM CALL FOR IP EXCHANGE ( IX )? ANSWER: CED8622B

CED8622B is the Batch Communications for IP Exchange.

Parameter --Use --Type --Valid Values

1 - Network ID --Input --Char(2) -- Network ID
        2 - Communications --Input --Char(1) --1=Send, 2=Receive,
        3=Send/Receive

The following is a sample for a receive session program call.

PHP Code:
        ADDLIBLE   LIB(EDI4XXDTAPOSITION(*AFTER QTEMP)                                                    
        ADDLIBLE   LIB(EDI4XXPGMPOSITION(*AFTER EDI4XXDTA)                                                

CALL       PGM(CED8622BPARM(IX '2')                  
         <------------
        Note the single quotes around the direction.                                              

RMVLIBLE EDI4XXPGM                                                                                               
        RMVLIBLE EDI4XXDTA 
        I’ve checked the requirements:

Product Production Option

5722SS1 12 Host Servers

30 QShell Interpreter

34 Digital Certificate Manager

5722AC3 *BASE Crypto Access Provider 128-bit for AS/400

5722DG1 *BASE IBM HTTP Server

5722JV1 *BASE Developer Kit for Java

5722JV1 6 Java Developer Kit 1.4 (See Note Below on PTF)

5722TC1 *BASE TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities

&#183; Java Group PTF

Use command WRKPTFGRP and press Enter: Press F11 to change display mode.

PTF Group Text

SF99269 JAVA PTF GROUP
        Attached Files
        All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
        and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Look at Trusted Link's Secur FTP. Been there done that. Though I don't have the details in front of me (not at client site) we move it from bisynch to SFTP last year to connect to invovis ftp via web from iSeries.

The stupid bisynch really started to suck big time. It kept getting worse. Invovis had no solution. We specilated that it was to drive customer off of bisynch. ftp is much faster too.

I will back to client site next week end can get you setup next week if you need it.

Bill

PS: I know Mr. Jamie also used inovis....didn't need DCM for Secure FTP
          Bill
          "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
          A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
          'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

5722AC3 *BASE Crypto Access Provider 128-bit for AS/400
            FYI: I believe this product has been discontinued, and is now part of 5722 SS1, depending on what release you are at.

Comment

Originally posted by Billw View Post
              Look at Trusted Link's Secur FTP. Been there done that. Though I don't have the details in front of me (not at client site) we move it from bisynch to SFTP last year to connect to invovis ftp via web from iSeries.

The stupid bisynch really started to suck big time. It kept getting worse. Invovis had no solution. We specilated that it was to drive customer off of bisynch. ftp is much faster too.

I will back to client site next week end can get you setup next week if you need it.

Bill

PS: I know Mr. Jamie also used inovis....didn't need DCM for Secure FTP
              Wow! Thanks Billw and Jamie! Lots of great information!

Inovis mentioned I would have to use secure FTP, perhaps that is the method of choice now.

It seems like there would be a lot of set up on our end. Don't you have to write scripts for the FTP to work? How do you know what files to grab?

The bisync is really an embarrassment for me right now. It drops frequently, and now we've noticed that when it does, sometimes we loose transactions. Inovisworks.net says that we got them, but they are nowhere to be found on the AS/400. Our shipping department now has to run a query over EDMAST everyday and compare it to Ford's website to see what orders we are missing. I have to requeue orders 2-3 times a week now.

Comment

Working...
              X