ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 and iSeries Navigator 7.1 installation fail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 and iSeries Navigator 7.1 installation fail.

When I try to install the old iSeries Navigator v7.1 on a Windows 10 machine I get an error code "1310 verify you have access to folder." I have installed this version of Ops Nav on numerous Windows 10 machines and now it appears that Microsoft in their unrelenting pursuit in making life miserable have changed something. Now, I'm sure the recommendation is use the new i Access Client but I prefer old reliable Ops Nav.

Has anyone come across this problem and did they figure out a work around ?

I am so done with this nonsense. So I am trying to download and install the i Access Client Solutions and ACS Sessions Manager and it is nothing but trouble. The IBM Download Director is supposed handle this. I've installed it but when I try to download form IBM all I get is "If Download Director does not start install / re-install Download Director." What on earth is that all about ?

I've already installed DD earlier and was successful in downloading and installing ACS, however, it seems to have installed on "OneDrive" which I don't want, no sign of the application in Windows 10 Apps or Control Panel.

Seriously, how is this progress ? How is this supposed to make things better when nothing works ? Why is downloading and installing an application so convoluted ?

Comment

Hi Jim... As I have no experience with AS400 and I Series Navigator, I unfortunately cannot help you. I am working with a client to build a data analytics solution, and have developed a lot of code in VBA and vbScript. Now I understand that VBA/vbScript will/may not work with Windows 10. This will be a huge problem of this is true. Just as I am wrapping up my project, the client has ordered a Windows 10 machine, and expect to port all my code to the new machine. After reading your post, I dread what will happen when we bring up the new Win10 computer.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by JimKerr View Post
        I am so done with this nonsense. So I am trying to download and install the i Access Client Solutions and ACS Sessions Manager and it is nothing but trouble. The IBM Download Director is supposed handle this. I've installed it but when I try to download form IBM all I get is "If Download Director does not start install / re-install Download Director." What on earth is that all about ?

I've already installed DD earlier and was successful in downloading and installing ACS, however, it seems to have installed on "OneDrive" which I don't want, no sign of the application in Windows 10 Apps or Control Panel.

Seriously, how is this progress ? How is this supposed to make things better when nothing works ? Why is downloading and installing an application so convoluted ?
        I had similar issues - but there's a tab for http download and it works just fine.

Comment

• jtaylor___
          jtaylor___ commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here.
      Working...
      X