Eliminate Joblogs for interactive jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminate Joblogs for interactive jobs

Looking for advice on how to eliminate Joblogs from being created for Display session jobs (ie. Interactive jobs). The Jobd used for interactive jobs is set up so that a joblog will not be created if the job ends normally. However, MANY interactive sessions are ended abnormally by the system due to inactivity (the System Value QINACTITV is set to 120). It appears that the JOBD parameter LOGOUTPUT could be set to *PND, but I do not understand the ramifications of doing that. IBM documentation for *PND states that the joblog will not be produced -- it remains pending until removed. Any help is much appreciated.

Personally I'd keep the joblogs there - it can help troubleshoot problems. If you type GO ASSIST -> 11 -> 2 -> 1. Make sure that you Allow automatic cleanup, specify a time to do it. Specify the appropriate # of days - I keep Job logs and other system output for 7 days. On the 8th day the logs are removed automatically. Obviously you can specify whatever length you want.

Comment

Take option 2 from the Cleanup tasks after doing this to ensure that it is scheduled - it's likely going to tell you that's already scheduled to run.

Comment

Why is generating a joblog an issue? What is the problem you are trying to resolve by not producing a joblog? Is this causing performance issues? Are the job tables filling up? Do they just make it difficult to find things? We might be able to assist in resolving the problem if we knew why interactive jobs producing joblogs was an issue.

Comment

Working...
        X