OmniFind Not Working After Re-IPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OmniFind Not Working After Re-IPL

This is a strange one, and so far I have spent a whole morning getting nowhere, so it's time to ask for help.

We re-IPL'd the system yesterday to make some PTF's permanent (running A6.1) and this morning the web site search was locking up the whole system (100% cpu).

WRKACTJOB showed a large number of Java jobs being created, all showing warnings related to *PUBLIC having write access to various .jar files (these were initiated by OmniFind).

I stopped OmniFind, and we also commented out the search form on the web site to prevent more searches from being initiated.

I removed write access to all the .jar files as recommended, and that warning seems to have gone away, but we are unable to re-start OmniFind. The following error keeps occurring when I start it, and I can find precious little information on the 331 error code.

Code:
    Message ID . . . . . . :   SQ20427       Severity . . . . . . . :   30        
    Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic                                         

Message . . . . :   Error occurred during text search administrative          
      procedure.                                                                  
    Cause . . . . . :   An error occurred during a text search administrative     
      procedure.  The reason code is 331.  The text returned is: THE SERVER ID '2'
      IS NOT STARTED SUCCESSFULLY. CHECK THE ENTRY IN TABLE                       
      'QSYS2'.'SYSTEXTSERVERS' TO BE IT IS CORRECT.                               
    Recovery  . . . :   Fix the problem indicated by the reason code and try the  
      administrative procedure again.
    I have checked all the Text Server Administrative tables and can't see any obvious problems or changes.

The only document I can find online relates to a PTF SE38532, which is for the same problem and the problem conclusion is:

"Change OmniFind server code to work with the new JVM change".

We already have this PTF, and it's successors, so I'm not sure what we need to do or change to get this working again.

Any thoughts or pointers would be much appreciated.
    Poddys Rambles On

Re: OmniFind Not Working After Re-IPL

Well I'm strugggling here and nobody is throwing any bones...

Made sure all PTF's for 5733OMF have been applied, googled most of the day for anything related to this error, and the only thing I come up with is PTF SI35872, which we have, plus all it's superceded ones.

Users are frustrated at not being able to search on the site, and I'm frazzled...
    Poddys Rambles On

Comment

About all I could say is that I'd have called IBM to report the problem before posting a second note to this forum. An hour of searching is perhaps the limit, then IBM needs to be informed. And that's about all I've got.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by tomliotta View Post
        About all I could say is that I'd have called IBM to report the problem before posting a second note to this forum. An hour of searching is perhaps the limit, then IBM needs to be informed. And that's about all I've got.
        Point taken Tom. We are in the middle of revamping our support registration with IBM, and waiting for a response from them, so as of yesterday we couldn't log any support requests.

Temporarily I have written a program that searches but doesn't use the OmniFind functionality, so the users are placated for now.
        Poddys Rambles On

Comment

Working...
        X