New 7.3 IBM i - Problem with QSHELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 7.3 IBM i - Problem with QSHELL

We have just gone live with a new IBM i with 7.3 loaded.

The problem we have encountered is with QSHELL's 'jar' command (used within CL pgms) which we use to zip files ready for email. It returns the message 'qsh: 001-0078 Process ended by signal 5.'
    We have tried running the command on screen and get the same error. Other QSHELL commands seem to be working but not 'jar'.
    (we have used 'jar' for many years on previous versions of the operating system without a problem)

Anyone have any experience of this?
    Bloke

I can only take guesses, since "signal 5" doesn't mean anything aside from that it failed.

Maybe the user doesn't have authority to the Java environment?

Or maybe you have environment variables pointing to an old version of Java thats no longer available on 7.3?

Comment

Check the environment variable JAVA_HOME using WRKENVVAR

When upgrading to V7R3 we experienced that JAVA failed because the environment variable
      pointed to an old version of Java that didn't exist any more on our as/400.

We deleted the environment variable and everything worked again.

I think that it was created centuries ago to force it to use 64bit Java.

Regards
      Peder

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

It appears to be an issue with the Java Licence Programs. The company that supplied the server had failed to load all of the required Java licenced programs.
        In the meantime, whilst waiting for them to correct the issue we have replaced the QSH 'jar' command with the IBM commands 'CPYTOARCF' and 'CPYFRMARCF' which work nicely.
        Bloke

Comment

Working...
        X