CyberSource SOAP or REST calls using HTTPAPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberSource SOAP or REST calls using HTTPAPI

Has anyone attempted to make calls to CyberSource from the System i using HTTPAPI? I'm wondering if we can do this purely with RPG or if we need to install and do something with Node? Especially for the Digest and Signature sections.

Thanks as always.
    Mike
    Your friends list is empty!

I see a lot of documentation on working with Node.js on the System i from the Node point of view, calling RPG programs from Node. I'm having a hard time finding documentation/examples of the other way around. I'm going to need to call Node scripts from my RPG programs and pass parameters to and from.

I'm hoping to install Node.js on our box and then use some CyberSource NPM modules to do a lot of the work.

Is this doable?

Comment

I have no familiarity with CyberSource.

I can say in the general case, it's possible to call Node.js from RPG. Node runs in the PASE environment, so you simply issue a Unix-type command to run it from RPG. I have a free tool called UNIXCMD that may be helpful, you can learn more here:

Its important to understand that Unix programs, such as Node.js do not normally allow output through parameters. Parameters to a program are typically input-only on Unix. (And Windows as well, for that matter.) So you'd want to use something like the "stdout" data stream to write data back to the calling program.

Alternately, if you don't mind a commercial solution, the company I work for has a product that would make this super-easy.
      Profound.js allows you to easily develop IBM i (AS400) business applications and modernize legacy RPG applications with Node.js.

Comment

Thanks as always Scott. I actually download and install your UNIXCMD yesterday and was all over the Profound site watching some videos on profoundjs. I'll beat my head against the wall a little while longer and will circle back around!

Comment

Just looking over some old posts and wanted to add some follow-up, in case it helps someone else.

What I've done lately for a few tasks involving Node packages is create an express web service in my script and then use systools.httpPostClob() in my SQLRPGLE code to interact with my script (web service) passing params. You could use HTTPAPI just as easily.

Comment

Working...
          X