Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macbook Pro --> Citric receiver --> Windows 7 --> Iseries

Hey Guys,

So i have been trying to get this to work for the last couple of days and seem to hit a wall every time.

I am trying to connect to my work PC (Dell,win7) from my home laptop (latest macbook pro) through Citrix receiver (https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver.html). I can connect successfully and start a Iseries (V6R1) session, but i cannot use any of the function keys (F3,F16). How can I make this work?

The keyboard is configured on the windows machine to make these function keys work.

I can however perform copy and paste functions (command+C, command+V).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and have a good weekend.

S

Re: Macbook Pro --> Citric receiver --> Windows 7 --> Iseries

what is the session? is it plain telnet, IBM's client access or other.

Telnet does not support function keys.

You could also try this free product from IBM. http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/...ess/index.html
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

I am using client access.

Thanks,
      S

Comment

I've faced this challenge a number of times with various RDP interface, virtual desktop in a Mac environment and most recently natively on a Windows Surface device (which doesn't have all of the function keys available). The most consistent approach I've found to work around this problem is be enabling hotspots, which can be done in Client Access as well as within the newer Access Client Solutions emulator.

Edit > Preferences > Hotspots

Enable: Fnn and I like to enable "Show as 3-D Buttons" as well

Click image for larger version

Name:	hotspots.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	126836

It will look like this once you've enabled it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hotspots2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	126837

This doesn't resolve the issue of the Fn keys working as you would like, but at least you can now click on them with your mouse and operate around the problem.

I do know that various environment do allow for the ability to remap their native keys. For instance, on my Mac I remember changing the Fn keys to operate at the Mac OS level the way I wanted. The problem is that you have to do that on every Mac you work from. Some remote control environments don't really allow for this. Citrix, I suspect, will be one of them. Haven't been cursed with Citrix for years now though...so I can say for sure.

At any rate, this solution will provide a method for dealing with the issue regardless of the environment that you're being challenged with this problem as long as you have Client Access or Access Client Solutions in place.
        Last edited by egami; January 25, 2016, 12:44 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
        X