DSPATR(PC) not working for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSPATR(PC) not working for me

On the DSPF I am working with, if indicator 20 is on, I want to position the cursor on the 4th field (IMF#) instead of the 1st field (ILOC). I put the program in debug and *IN20 = '1' right before the EXFMT to this rcdfmt but it positions the cursor at ILOC irregardless of whether *IN20 is on or not. Is there something I am overlooking something, this seems so straight forward. Their is no PUTOVR or OVRATR on this DSPF and there are no compile errors on the DSPF

Do you have any "P-fields" in your DSPF? I don't have a definite answer ... but I know P-fields can conflict with conditioned DSPATR keywords when attribute bit 2 is on (numbering 0-7, L-to-R), e.g. X'20' ='Normal'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry G View Post
      Do you have any "P-fields" in your DSPF?
      Nope

Comment

I just figured it out. The DSPF had INDARA specified in the DDS. The was no accommodation for it in the RPG program, so I removed it from the DSPF, problem solved. Not the first time I've been bitten by this. Had I seen the necessary RPG specs in the program I may have caught earlier.

Comment

That shouldn't react that way - just as a test I took a program and display file - put the INDARA in the display file, changed one of the fields to underline with *IN55 turned on. If I have *IN55='0' it isn't underlined, if *N55=1 it is underlined.

I then did the same test - but against the DSPATR(PC) - with and without indicator 55 turned on and it behaved as one would expect - if it's on the cursor is positioned, if it's not, cursor is on a different field.

I am using RPG/400 - no special coding to handle indicators just standard numbered indicators.

I did the same thing with an ILE program - behaved the same way.

Comment

Working...
          X