How to use Mixed Format DDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Mixed Format DDS

I have a display file where all but one record format is 27 x 132. When I simply change the DSPSIZ keyword from DSPSIZ(27 132 *DS4) to DSPSIZ(27 132 *DS4 24 80 *DS3) and compile I get an error : Subfile control record overlaps subfile record. I didn't get that error before the change. The program checks to see if the emulation session can handle 27 x 132 and if it can't, I want a 24 x 80 record format to display telling the user that their session does not currently support a 27 x 132 display and then end the program. The *DS3 record format is within 24 x 80. I have another record format that is within 24 x 80 that I want to always be *DS4. The subfile and subfile control record formats are both beyond 24 x 80. I don't want to dynamically switch the record formats between *DS3 and *DS4 but I guess DSPMOD is an execution time directive. I just want to get rid of the subfile error that didn't occur until adding *DS3 and have the one record format always display as *DS3. I have tried for hours to get it to work using DSPMOD but nothing works. I will thank you in advance as I don't think my user profile allows me to reply to my own thread. I reported it but no response. Thanks.
Working...
X