Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dspfd *accpth

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where to post this so here goes. If it belongs somewhere else please let me know.

I'm going crazy over a problem I cannot resolve, I've wrestled this for days and all my research hasn't turned up anything.

I am getting a "decimal data error" when I access a database built by

DSPFD FILE(&LIB/&FILE) TYPE(*ACCPTH) +
    OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) +
    OUTFILE(QTEMP/IDBRACCPTH) OUTMBR(*FIRST *ADD)

The SQL statement returns SQLCOD -802 (-000000802) and field APNKYF (numeric) has blanks in it.

Running STRSQL command select * from IDBRACCPTH returns CPF5035 data mapping error
    A data mapping error occurred on field IDBRACCPTH_1.APNSC2

There are access paths in this file for PF & LF but the records do not seem to vary.

Running V7R3M0.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Gary

I don't currently have a i 7.3 system to look at, but I'm not aware of problems as you describe in any OS release before 7.3. Can you show the file description for any the files that give the resulting problem?
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I just tried this on our V7R3 system, and I'm not seeing the error you're reporting, and the APNKYF contains numeric data. Perhaps a PTF issue?

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Is the DSPFD command creating the IDBRACCPTH file, or does it already exist and you are trying to add records to it?

Comment

Working...
          X