Odbc cwbc1048

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odbc cwbc1048

We are using ODBC to perform SQL updates to a file on a remote IBM i from a Windows based application. However, if the connection to our IBM i is dropped, the application hangs due to error message CWBC1048 and does not resume processing until the 'OK' button has been pressed. Does anyone know how this kind of message can be suppressed so that the ODBC driver will simply try to re-establish a connection the next time it is used?

Re: Odbc cwbc1048

Read this. That should help.
    Philippe

Comment

Tried what the article suggested. We had a comms outage last night and I still have the same problem. The ODBC driver hangs on the message until you respond. What I'm looking for is some way of suppressing this type of message from requiring a response. My application has code in place to buffer information locally until the connection is re-established. However, because the ODBC connection hangs, the application never gets to the buffering part of the program. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Comment

Does this Windows-based application handle communications errors ?

What is the language used in ?
        Philippe

Comment

I think the application is using jscript. There is error handling coded into the scripts, but the message I'm getting appears to be coming directly from the Client Access ODBC driver.

Comment

Working...
          X