ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrieving data from Journal to a physical file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving data from Journal to a physical file.

Hi,
    I have a PF which is Journaled and I am able to get the records that I want to retrieve (Basically the records that were added in the last week.), but the OUTFILE structure that i am geting is not same as the original PF which means a lot of copy/paste (I want to get rid of all the journal specific entries, only the PF data.) Are there any parameters in DSPJRN command that can give data to OUTFILE in same format as PF.

I just want to retrieve records added in last week to another PF with same structure, as the original PF that is journaled.

Thanks in advance.
    *...1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+ ....6....+....7.......+....8.......+....9.......+. ...10.......+....11...
    C*There are only 10 type of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Re: Retrieving data from Journal to a physical file.

i have a command i wrote for this purpose as i hate crawling through journal entries. you can download it from my website http://tommyholden.com it's in the downloads section under Miscellaneous Save Files
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

also if you do own DBU - They have a command called DBUJRN. otherwise Id go with Tom's.
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
        i have a command i wrote for this purpose as i hate crawling through journal entries. you can download it from my website http://tommyholden.com it's in the downloads section under Miscellaneous Save Files
        Thanks for the quick reply Tom and Jamie.
        However Internet that i am using is restricted, so I am not able to download the file. Can you please attach it here?
        Thanks again!
        *...1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+ ....6....+....7.......+....8.......+....9.......+. ...10.......+....11...
        C*There are only 10 type of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Comment

i believe the save file is at v5r3 (lowest level i can save as)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
            i believe the save file is at v5r3 (lowest level i can save as)
            Sorry how to open SAVF as the content become a mess after open with notepad

Comment

Tom, I think you should double up on your blood pressure medication today.
              Denny

If authority was mass, stupidity would be gravity.

Comment

Notepad?!?! N O T E P A D ? ! ? ! Oh man, that's just wrong on SO many levels...
                "Tis better to be thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm gonna grab some popcorn and a soda and sit back and watch this one... should be entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by FaStOnE View Post
                    I'm gonna grab some popcorn and a soda and sit back and watch this one... should be entertaining!

Warning: This thread will contain adult language and obscene gestures that may be offensive to some viewers.
                    Denny

If authority was mass, stupidity would be gravity.

Comment

I am in for the party

Comment

novel concept that has been rehashed 5 billion times...IT'S A SAVE FILE!!! not a frigging text document!!! FTP the save file to your system and use the RSTLIB command. geez folks this ain't rocket science. if it were then we would never have made it to the frigging moon!!!

Comment

Tom,

Was wondering when you would chime in on this one! Out yesterday were you?
                          "Tis better to be thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by MdnghtPgmr View Post
                            Tom,

Was wondering when you would chime in on this one! Out yesterday were you?
                            yep been sick...still not quite up to snuff but i'm here somewhat..

Comment

oooooooo .... Ahhhhh ... OOOOooooh

I love it when the night sky lights up!

Comment

Working...
                              X