Implicit access path sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implicit access path sharing

Is implicit access path sharing a system level setting that can be turned on or off or is it something that is specified when a LF is created

It is my belief that DB2 makes this determination under the covers and there is no global setting/system value...but I could be waaaay of base here.

Where is Birgitta when you need her? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Wincheste View Post
      It is my belief that DB2 makes this determination under the covers and there is no global setting/system value...but I could be waaaay of base here.

Where is Birgitta when you need her? lol

Birgitta usually has the answer for most of my questions

Comment

Originally posted by gregwga50 View Post
        Is implicit access path sharing...
        Are you really meaning "access path sharing", or did you intend to ask about sharing ODPs?

I'm not aware of any way to disable access path sharing (nor can I think of a reason to). You can, however, create various access paths that are not shared if you have some reason to avoid it.
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by tomliotta View Post

Are you really meaning "access path sharing", or did you intend to ask about sharing ODPs?

I'm not aware of any way to disable access path sharing (nor can I think of a reason to). You can, however, create various access paths that are not shared if you have some reason to avoid it.

Yes, I did mean access path sharing and not ODP sharing. We have a couple files that share an access path. The file owning the access path has specified unique keys. This is causing a problem for our implementation of LANSA (I won't go there because I know nothing about LANSA), so I have been charged with looking into it. This was set up by a former employee, not something I would have done.

So, I will need to remove the duplicate key requirement or un-share the access paths, if there is a way.

Comment

Originally posted by gregwga50 View Post
            I will need to remove the duplicate key requirement or un-share the access paths, if there is a way.
            Apologies for slow response. The capability to reply got dropped for a while, and then the ability to login went away. (I suspect that Jamie is working hard to track down all issues after the CODE400 software upgrade.)

Can you post details of both access paths? If this is a case where sharing may be removed, the details will indicate how to do it.
            Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
            X