Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hi all,

I have some questions on Page = Size...and also Subfiles.

1- The indicators which we define in the dds, is there any possiblities that we can refer to the subfiles and use it rather than hardcording all the indicators again in the program.

2- Also how we can reference the sflpage which is defined in Subfiles, so that it will not be defined in the program again(remember)

3- Also in page up, I am doing read prior and while fetching the records again we are using read next, so here there is 2 reads (I-O's), is there any other possibilities.

4 - The display characteristics which is defined in the display file, can be overridden in the program?

Any help is much appreaciated.

Thanks,
    hsp
    'Coding = Experience'
    hsp

Re: Questions

1- The indicators which we define in the dds, is there any possiblities that we can refer to the subfiles and use it rather than hardcording all the indicators again in the program.
    The example in this post:

named all of the indicators by using the REPLACING statement. Is this what you mean by "hardcoding all the indicators"? If you don't want to give the indicators meaningful names then simply remove the replacing statement and all of the names following it. This will result in the actual indicator numbers being pulled into the program.
    2- Also how we can reference the sflpage which is defined in Subfiles, so that it will not be defined in the program again (remember)
    As far as I know, the DDS keyword SFLPAG does not support a DDS program field to contain its compile time value.
    3- Also in page up, I am doing read prior and while fetching the records again we are using read next, so here there is 2 reads (I-O's), is there any other possibilities.
    Read PRIOR reads the database backwards and read NEXT reads the database forwards using the current key. This is the same behavior as the RPG language. You can also perform a READ by a specific key value just like CHAIN in RPG...is this what your asking?
    4 - The display characteristics which is defined in the display file, can be overridden in the program?
    What display characteristics are you referring to? Field colors, protection, function key usage, size, window positioning, etc.?

Strange...these sound like homework/test questions!

Terry

Comment

Re: Questions

No not at all....

Just had these doubts!!!

Thanks for ur reply
      'Coding = Experience'
      hsp

Comment

Working...
      X