Debug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debug question

I have a debug question...coworker is trying to debug a program...the program has some CPYSRC code in it...although it's not coded as QCPYSRC (which is what i'm used to) or set up as INCLUDE (which is more of what i'm used to)...the code has several paragraphs (although i keep wanting to refer to them as subroutines...carry over from all these years of RPG coding...LOL)...that are being executed as PERFORM statements but they are referencing the CPYSRC code...

my question is this...how can we view the CPYSRC code in debug? i tried to do Shift F3 to include the cpysrc (i've used it before with service programs and additional programs) but it did not show me any code...i tried a few other things similar but without being able to see any CPYSRC code...

is this not something that COBOL can handle when in Debug?

any info on this would be greatly appreciated!!! the sooner the better as we're trying to find a bug in the code and the program is HUGE!!!

thanks...as always... you all are the best

Caren

Re: Debug question

I rarely use the debugger but if I recall correctly, you must use *LIST for your debug view:
    Code:
    Debug view option:                                                       
      Debug view . . . . . . . . . .   *LIST     *STMT, *SOURCE, *LIST...
    This should allow you to see the contents of any copybooks.

Terry

Comment

you can also use *ALL vs. *LIST. although i always use *LIST
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) implies that your source member is on the same system.
        DBGVIEW(*LIST) or DBGVIEW(*ALL) is preferable since you don't need the source member to be on the same system .
        Philippe

Comment

Working...
        X