Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing file QADBXREF in QSYS

Hi all,

If we don't have authority to access file QADBXREF in QSYS, but we need to get info from that file, what can I do ?

Regards,

Re: Accessing file QADBXREF in QSYS

Originally posted by 400genius View Post
    If we don't have authority to access file QADBXREF in QSYS, but we need to get info from that file, what can I do ?
    Have you contacted the Security Administrator for the system? BTW, this probably should have been posted in another forum since its a security-related question...

Terry

Comment

Hi,

Check out the catalog vierws SYS* in library QSYS2 they must contain all information about the database. Catalog views are views (unkeyed logical files) built over the QADB* Files.
      Catalog views can be read by *PUBLIC

Birgitta

Comment

Originally posted by B.Hauser View Post
        Hi,

Check out the catalog vierws SYS* in library QSYS2 they must contain all information about the database. Catalog views are views (unkeyed logical files) built over the QADB* Files.
        Catalog views can be read by *PUBLIC

Birgitta
        Dear Birgitta,

I'm a bit unfamiliar with catalogs, can you provide me more details about the catalog views and how to use them?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Comment

Hi,

Catalog Views are nothing else than unkeyed logical files that are built over the Database Files (QADB*). In this way you can access them like any other logical or physical file, with Query/400, SQL and even with native I/O as long as you won't need any predefined sequence.

Because in these files the complete database information is stored it is a bit risky to let every body access these data directly. That's why IBM provides these catalog views.

As already pointed out, the catalog views are located in the QSYS2 library and begin with SYS. May be all information you need is in the SYSTABLES view.

Birgitta

Comment

Thx for the info Birgitta, it was really helpfull, I think one of the SYS* files on QSYS2 should contain the info I need.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X