page up and down can't be captured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page up and down can't be captured

I created a subfile with 99 occurrences and load them 10 by ten if I page down. , the initial load will be 1-10. If I page up, I'm able to capture it. If I page down, (11-20) Im also able to capture it. But from this point, if I page up again, I will not be able to capture it. From what I notice, it's like when I'm on the "ceiling" that's the only time I can capture the page up/down I pressed.

I tried with different approach, I created a subfile with 99 occurrences and load all the 99. I used SFLRCDNBR to set to 1 after creation so that when first time load, it will be positioned to 1-10. Only if I page up on 1-10 and page down on 91-99 I can capture, the rest I'm not able to capture it via control area or CFxx.

I'm not certain but I think you are complaining about a feature that is working as it is designed to. The whole point of using subfile page < subfile size is that your program is not responsible for handling paging requests that can be met from within the workstation's buffer. And why would you want to? Think about a long page in a browser - as you scroll down or up there is no request sent to the web server requesting the next/previous part of the page.

The notifications you get are not so much to tell you which key was pressed as to tell you that more data is needed to meet the current request. So you are correct in thinking that only when at the end of the current content will your program be notified.

The reason for having the ability to sense both page up and page down requests is to handle subfiles that exceed the maximum number of rows and therefore need to be handled a page-at-a-time. i.e. Subfile size = subfile page.

Comment

I see. Thank you for your explanation.

Comment

Working...
      X