ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPF5035 - Data mapping error on member...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPF5035 - Data mapping error on member...

I have a CL that uses RUNQRY commands, several of them. One is throwing the error message in the subject. I thought if I added a global MONMSG to the CL program, I could catch the error and thus handle it. That didn't work.

How can I capture this error and therefore handle it?

Red.
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

Is it throwing multiple errors and CPF5035 isn't the right one for MONMSG? I run until that kind of thing sometimes. Check the joblog for other messages right before/after the CPF5035.

Comment

Added several global generic messages; CPF0000, QRY0000, CDA0000. Didn't matter.
      Checked the job log for lower level messages and then added those generic messages as well. Still didn't matter.

This is a strange CL program; the author runs a couple of queries and then sends inquiry messages to the user asking for parameters that he then passes to query manager. If one of those parameters is not passed back, like the user just hits enter and sends *N back, the program crashes. So, I added a simple check after each message so that if the response is *N, branch to exit tag. Works great and hasn't crashed yet.

Thank you for your suggestions.
      Red.
      Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

Comment

Working...
      X