Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert when a job scheduled has finished

Hi guys,
    Please help me with tips and guidance, it is a way to make a program or something to get a notification via email when a specified job is finished?
    I have a program in scheduler, only one program I'm interested when will be finished, with success or not, and not all the list of wrkactjob, I must have a notification send by email when the program finished, but I can't modify the original program, is about a CLLE program that runs in scheduler but I can't modify, it is scheduled to run every day at a specified time.
    Thanks in advance!!

Wrap the program in another CLLE, MONSMG the call and if it errors send an email(use snddst if you have too). Run this new CLLE in the job scheduler instead.

Comment

Or monitor the message queue associated with scheduler entry. Send an e-mail that tells if the job completed normally or failed, depending on what message appears. I have general *MSGQ named QUSRSYS/SCDMSG that scheduler jobs send their completion messages to.

Or monitor a data queue associated with the QIBM_QWT_JOBNOTIFY exit point.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
      X