SNDM command writing record to journal QZMF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNDM command writing record to journal QZMF

When sending emails with the SNDM command.

When an email is send with the SNDM command using the SMTPHOST of LocalHost
    This will write records to the journal QZMF in library QUSRSYS.
    But if you change the SMTPHOST from localhost to something else then the records will not be written to the journal QZMF
    What needs to be changed/started to be able to have the record written to the journal if you change the SMTPHOST from localhost

Cheers

The SNDM must be a vendor third party software, id check with them. I do not have it on my system (v7r1)
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Unluckily the author's support forum has been inactivated. Maybe you can find another link to contact him.

Regards

Kit
      www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT
      Regards

Kit
      http://www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Originally posted by scott.r@manches View Post
        But if you change the SMTPHOST from localhost to something else then the records will not be written to the journal QZMF
        What needs to be changed/started to be able to have the record written to the journal if you change the SMTPHOST from localhost
        What needs to be changed...? The system's e-mail client code needs to be changed (by IBM) or the underlying code for SNDM needs to be changed (probably by you in order to send some user entry to the journal or to a different journal).

Since using a remote SMTPHOST means removing your system's SMTP server from the process, your server no longer has anything to journal. Nothing is sent through it. It's up to the remote server to log whatever happens.
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

So when not using the IBM i as the email host, the messages don't show up in the IBM i logs? Is that really a problem?

That's like saying "I had lunch at McDonald's" and then complaining that Burger King didn't give you a receipt..

Comment

Working...
          X