CL type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL type

Hi, I have a question if you can help me: I found a member who is CL type (it begin with /batch & end with /end batch, this is not CLLE or CLP, just CL), is there anyone who knows something about this stuff? I've never seen that before and I don't know how it's work, how can I modify, compile, run this, thanks in advance!

Re: CL type

Member type does not mean much as you could put in anything that you want there. For example, I have in the past inbedded CL into S/36 EE OCL and I would change the member type to CLP from OCL36 in order for the CL commands to properly get syntax checked.

Can you post the actual member so we can see what it is.

Comment

It is something like that:
      (type member CL but I don't found any object for this, I verify with DSPSFWRSC and on this machine the OS version is V7R2)

//BCHJOB JOB(CFTEXECRF) JOBD(CFTPROD1/CFTJOBD) JOBQ(*JOBD)

SNDMSG MSG('message..etc)') +

TOMSGQ(DSI_OPR)

SNDMSG MSG('file received') TOUSR(CFT)

CALL PGM(programe_name) +

PARM('?PART' '?FNAME' '?8NBR' +

'?NBT' '?IDT' '?IDF')

CALL PGM(CFT) /* call CFTUTIL with input flow QINLINE */

//DATA FILETYPE(*DATA)

END PART=?PART,IDF=?IDF,IDT=?IDT

//
      //ENDBCHJOB

... this is for transfered file with something named CFT, I understand that CFT is something like FTP but I don't see since now something similar and I don't know how it works, it didn't exists any object for this member and I don't know how to modify/compile/test

Comment

Do you mean // BCHJOB?

Comment

oh, it seems you posted a reply while i was trying to figure out the original message. :-)

I wasn't sure about "/batch", but "//BCHJOB" is interpreted CL run with commands like STRDBJOB/STRDBRDR, etc. It's basically an interpreted version of CL (as opposed to the compiled CL programs which would be 'CLP' or 'CLLE' source types.)

This is not frequently used -- but has been a part of the OS since the S/38.

Since it is intepreted, there would be no object. You just run it with STRDBJOB or STRDBRDR, and it runs the commands in the file. If you want to change them, you just change the file...

Comment

Another question if I make a call in this CL program:
            - this program "CL type" triggers an CFT flow - I don't know very much about CFT - something for file transfer but I don't have documentation and knowledge about this.
            //BCHJOB JOB (CFTexample) JOBD(CFTprod/cftjobd) JOBQ(*JOBD)
            CALL PGM (PGM1) PARM ('LIBRARY_NAME' 'FILE_NAME' '2015')

but.. I want to replace 2015 with a variable, I understand that CFT has a variable YEAR (or FYEAR? ) on 2 char.
            CALL PGM (PGM1) PARM ('LIBRARY_NAME' 'FILE_NAME' '?fyear')

//ENDBCHJOB

here I found something about variables in CFT - http://www.alwis.fr/production/87-cft-cftutil - it is something about FYEAR variable

If I will modify this CL and I will add this variable FYEAR in parameters list ( '?FYEAR') how can I verify if it works well? Do I run the job with STRDBJOB?

Comment

Working...
            X