Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secure file

Hi,

One of my interface system transferring the file to AS400 system using FTP mode. Using FTP the unix system placing the file into library/pf on AS400 system .

we are moving file transfer mode SFTp mode.

So is it possible for Unix interface to send the file via sftp to library/PF on AS400 system ?
    The Secret Of Achieving Your Goals Is Revealed Before Your Eyes.
    System Engineer

Sudha...

Re: secure file

NAMEFMT , look this up and see what it does.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

If you have installed and configured sftp, yes, then it can be used. See if you have 5733SC1 'IBM Portable Utilities for i5/OS' already installed. If not, see this page as a starting point.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

My bad I so read that wrong. sftp needs a bit of config as Tom mentions above.
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by sudha
          is it possible for Unix interface to send the file via sftp to library/PF on AS400 system ?
          Unless I am mistaken, SFTP does not support ASCII transfers. That is, it will not convert the data from one code page to another. (I have heard that some SFTP clients do support ASCII transfers, but if so, I've never used one of them.)

Also, I doubt that the SFTP client will understand that a source physical file includes fields for sequence number and change date, which it needs to ignore.

For the little bit of SFTP work I have done, I used stream files in the root system of the IFS.

Comment

Correct, it will not translate between character sets. it also will not reformat the file from physical file to stream file or vice-versa. Please do these things with the CPYTOIMPF/CPYFRMIMPF or CPYTOSTMF/CPYFRMSTMF commands, then transfer the stream files.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
              Correct, it will not translate between character sets. it also will not reformat the file from physical file to stream file or vice-versa. Please do these things with the CPYTOIMPF/CPYFRMIMPF or CPYTOSTMF/CPYFRMSTMF commands, then transfer the stream files.

the interface team will place the file to ifs folder, but the thing is the database file is PF where it has dds. so how to resolve it. so i cannot user cpyfrmstmf
              The Secret Of Achieving Your Goals Is Revealed Before Your Eyes.
              System Engineer

Sudha...

Comment

Will CPYTOIMPF suit your needs? Or QShell's RFile tool? Hard to answer this when I'm not familiar with the application... would need to know what the format of the data is now, and what format you need/wamt it to be converted into for transfer...?

Comment

Working...
                X