X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• option 3 WRKJOBSCDE

Hello
    I must create hundreds of job by the WRKJOBSCDE
    Most of its jobs are the same except that they must be thrown(launched) at different o'clock. A way(means) to duplicate jobs exists he(it) because there is no option 3 in the WRKJOBSCDE. I considered found an IBM CPYJOBJS command in V5R3 but I am in V5R4 and she(it) does not exist any more!!! I found him(it) in a bibiliothèque QSYSV5R3 but in the execution, the command(order) tells me that she cannot be executed in this current release.
    Best Regards

Jack

Re: option 3 WRKJOBSCDE

why not script out ADDJOBSCDE to add them.
    I also have CPYJOBJS on our box, V6R1.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

CPYJOBJS won't be helpful to you. The CPYJOBJS command definition is available in a current release when the Advanced Job Scheduler product is installed. The format of the command is made available for previous releases only as a convenience for compiling older programs back to an earlier release where the product had been installed. By itself, the command will not run. That is true for many commands in your QSYSV5R3M0 library.

Since CPYJOBJS is not found in your V5R4 live environment, it is almost certain that the Advanced Job Scheduler product is not installed on your system. Your system only has the standard job scheduler object and the most basic job schedular commands.

You will probably need to use the ADDJOBSCDE command if you really want to schedule a bunch of jobs to run hourly. You would code one ADDJOBSCDE for each job to run at the first hour. The initial run time will be specified in a variable and the command will be in a loop. Each time through the loop, the variable will be updated to add one hour to the time value. The loop will continue until each hour has been scheduled.

You might consider having a second outer loop. The outer loop would supply a different job name and a different program to run. Those names will probably be read from a file that you create. That way you would only code a single ADDJOBSCDE command; and each time through the loops it would schedule a different job at a different time. The only logical coding you would need would be the changing of the time variable to step through the hours from the start time to the end time.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Jack, the -JS commands pertain to the advanced job scheduler (GO JS), which is a separately licensed program for which you must pay extra. That's why you don't have CPYJOBJS.

I recommend you use a command I wrote, SBMJOBSCDE. Define one job schedule entry that does the work. Then define a lot of other job schedule entries that submit the first job scheduler entry at other times. You can read about it here:

Submit Job Schedule Entries Immediately

Let me know if you have questions, Jack. You can contact me thru the contacts page at itjungle.com.

Comment

Ok

So i will use the ADDJOBSCDE

Thanks anyway

Comment

Check to see if you have TAATOOLS installed... if so, you probably have a command called CPYJOBSCDE. It's on my system.

Comment

Thanks Viking
              It's ok
              Best regards

Comment

Working...
              X