Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFTP Set up

Hello Everyone
    I am setting up the SFTP connection. I have got the public keys installed on the remote server. All I got to do now is to run this command -
    ssh -T serveruid@somehost.com

But on running this command, I received no response on shell prompt. To make it clear - Length of ServerUid is more than 8 char. Is this reason why it is not going through?
    Any suggestions/idea?

Re: SFTP Set up

What do you mean by "received no response"? Does it give you an error message? Or does it just hang there doing nothing and never timing out?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
      What do you mean by "received no response"? Does it give you an error message? Or does it just hang there doing nothing and never timing out?
      Yes it does nothing and neither time out. I was expecting this -

The authenticity of host 'somehost (x.x.x.x)' can't be established.
      . key fingerprint is RSA.
      Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

But this message never comes up. Is there anything wrong with set up?
      Last edited by swaps400; August 21, 2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I would guess that there is a firewall that's blocking port 22 from leaving your network.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
          I would guess that there is a firewall that's blocking port 22 from leaving your network.
          Interesting. Was not aware of this one!

Need to check network settings then. Will keep posted on status so that in future people won't trouble with this kind of situation

Comment

Originally posted by swaps400 View Post
            Interesting. Was not aware of this one!

Need to check network settings then. Will keep posted on status so that in future people won't trouble with this kind of situation
            Hello Scott, Now this is giving the timed out error. Can you please help with this one?

Comment

The most common cause I've seen for a timeout is a firewall blocking the connection. I've also seen routing errors causing this -- but it's far less common than a firewall.

Comment

Working...
              X