ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer a data file to a none FTP server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer a data file to a none FTP server.

Hi,

Sending a file to an FTP server I would use FTP but what if I need to send to a none-FTP server, how can I do this from a CLP program?
    Thanks.

Re: Transfer a data file to a none FTP server.

Can you explain what a "none-FTP server" is? After looking through the first 100+ results from a Google search for [ none-FTP ], the only actual result was a comment that was pointing out a typo and suggesting a change to "non-FTP".
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

if the server is not running FTP (file zila is free), then you would have to use QNTC to connect from the 400 to this server.
      Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
        if the server is not running FTP (file zila is free), then you would have to use QNTC to connect from the 400 to this server.
        You're making the assumption that any server that's not an FTP server must therefore be an SMB (Server Message Block, aka "Windows Networking") server. What if it's an HTTP server? Or an SSH server? Or an NFS server? Or any of 1000 other types ?

Also, it might be worth noting that QNTC is not the only way to access an SMB server. But, it's an easy way when it works...

But, it would be helpful to know what the OP is referring to.

Comment

Working...
        X