Hi all

How do i use the AFP . Any one help me

Thanx in advance
    magesh

Re: Reg : AFP

you could start here

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

thanx a lot. jamie

magesh

Comment

no problem....

Please post an example of what you are putting together when you are done....

Take care
        jamie

www.code400.com

Comment

I assume that when in the example you mention (http://www.code400.com/afpproject.php) it says it is done without any add on products, it does not mean that it was done without Infoprint ?

Infoprint is a licensed program that has to be bought and is therefore, in my mind, an add on product. Can it be done without infoprint ?

Comment

AFP makes me think of AFD. In my days working in a pub this was the affectionate name given to an all day shift, that's something like 10am to 12 midnight.
            Ben

Comment

yes it can be done without infoprint.

www.code400.com

Comment

Jamie,

I am trying to use your code for PRJMNT2P/P (thanks) but am getting problems printing, with a message to say the following:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPI3379 Severity . . . . . . . : 30
                Message type . . . . . : Information
                Date sent . . . . . . : 16/11/10 Time sent . . . . . . : 10:23:15

Message . . . . : Writer KOHPRT cannot re-direct file KOH002PR to device
                KOHPRT.
                Cause . . . . . : Writer KOHPRT could not re-direct file KOH002PR number 2
                job 770416/OHAGAKX/QPADEV006D created on system IRLA on 16/11/10 10:23:05 to
                device KOHPRT. Advanced function printing data stream (AFPDS) data cannot
                be converted to the format required to produce the file on that device.
                Recovery . . . : File KOH002PR can only be produced on a printer supported
                by advanced function printing (AFP). If device KOHPRT can be started with
                the AFP specified as *YES, stop the writer, change the device description
                for the printer (CHGDEVPRT command) by specifying the AFP parameter as *YES,
                and start the writer again.

I have complied the PRTF with *AFPDS. I am printing to a Toshiba 452 printer which is a network printer. It is configured as *SCS but is capable of printing AFP. I read elsewhere that is should not matter if it is *SCS as long as the PRTF is *AFPDS. Would you know if that is what my problem is ? Is there anyway around this ? I have tried to print to a small HP Laserjet, via Client Access but get the same problem.

I cannot change the printer configuration to test (not my department, do not have authority, beaurocratic operation etc etc) without a lot of hassle.

Thanks

Kieran

Comment

Working...
                X